Travelling from Ontario to Nebraska

Help Support Steer Planet:

uluru

Going to Iowa and Nebraska to pick up a couple of heifers in mid June.

Any where I should stop to see some good Shortys?

...........Bob

shortyjock89

I'd tell you to stop here, but we don't have very many....of course you could stop by anyhow..  I would think that you could stop at Leemon's here up the road.  Vogel's in Iowa certainly always have a good set.

oakbar

Certainly, if you get a chance, stop at Vogel's in Hartley,  Iowa.  In north central Iowa, I'd also recommend Cyclone Trace Shorthorns in Clarion, IA, and the Berg Family in Osage, IA. All these breeders are friends of ours and are very reputable people with high quality cattle.

If you're coming down Interstate 35 from the north you could stop and see us at Oakbar Ranch.  We don't have many(we're new to the business) but we have some pretty excellent  quality this year with top blood lines and we're only 3 miles off I35 at the Iowa/MN border.  We should have our website up and running in another week so  you can check out our offering. 

If you could give some specifics on your travel route, I'd be happy to recommend some stops for you that would not take you too far out of the way!!

RSC

uluru said:
Going to Iowa and Nebraska to pick up a couple of heifers in mid June.

Any where I should stop to see some good Shortys?

...........Bob
Bakenhus, I'd call JeffAegerter, Gana-Nisley,, K-Kim, & Kolt all in Nebraska and worth the stop.

RSC