TRF High Cotton 328 ET

Help Support Steer Planet:

WCC

I have heard that TRF High Cotton 328 ET is the deepest, thickest, soundest traveling Reg. Herreford to ever be collected at Hackeye.  Has anyone seen him or heard any thing about him?

red

WCC said:
I have heard that TRF High Cotton 328 ET is the deepest, thickest, soundest traveling Reg. Herreford to ever be collected at Hackeye.  Has anyone seen him or heard any thing about him?

WCC- is he a new bull? I looked all over & couldn't find anything. But I admit I'm not up on my Hereford genetics!
Who owns him?

Red

WCC

I'm not sure who owns him.  I just heard through friends in Iowa that he was a great one being collected at Hawkeye Breeders Service. 

knabe

tfr not trf

here you go

http://www.trauschfarms.com/   

and bred by

http://www.lagrandranch.com/ who have the sire legrand reload 80p who i've seen around somewhere.

also some maines there too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red

Great Knabe- really nice stuff there!

Reload_Cotton_Bull_small.jpg

WCC

Thanks for the assistance.  He not what I was expecting.  The photo must not do him justice.  I was expecting him to have more muscle expression in hip and lower quarter.

knabe said:
notice the pigment in both places

knabe

WCC, i hear you on the lower quarter.  that said, it's not that valuable a cut of meat, but why do fitters make it look like arnold, while making the top look like an ottoman where all the $ is?  i don't like living low on the quarter, but high on the hog.  that lower quarter is probably the most distracting to look at when trying to get an overall perspective of the animal.  i think some people call them funnel butts.

genes

Well knabe, it's not the most expensive cut for sure, but it isn't the worst, so it's still the more the better.  Plus, the muscle expression in the lower quarter is often and indication of the muscle pattern overall.  I can't say I've ever seen one who was really nicely muscled in the lower quarter that was lacking muscle in other places.  So, for me, it helps get a perspective on the whole animal.  However, that's all hair not withstanding.  And yes, some people can get a lot of lot of hair in that area.

garybob

He ain't masculine enough. I thought Horned Hereford Bulls were supposed to have a crest on thier neck by that age.

red

WCC- he is just a 2006 calf so no calves on the ground yet. They have him listed as a 2 ** for BW.
I think the picture is of a young bull, would be interested in what he looks like now w/ some maturity.

Red