Triple C Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

DiamondS

My hubby is working with the Triple C Kansas division at the moment getting them ready.  I saw the catalog the other day- will be interesting to hear how it goes. 

thebulllady

Yes indeed, but the experience I've had with the online sale is that 1)  it's nearly impossible to see the animals clearly, 2) sometimes you lose your connection, 3)  it's not in real time, even though they say it is, and it's really easy to lose a bid that way.  Been there, done that!  I'd rather see the cattle in person regardless.  Unless of course you're interested in embryos or pregnancies.

WRS

We might be heading up...we'll see what the week brings.  Does anyone know what will be sold in the Triple C-Kansas div. dispersal?

TMJ Show Cattle

All of the great ones will be in Emerald Wi. If you like Simmys for breeding purposes or club calves,they have something for everyone.If you enjoy going to sales to watch Bulls, Cows, heifers or whatever sell for lots of money, this is a must go to sale. I talked to Roger Allen last night and he said if there are any jrs. lookin for show heifes, they have 102 head that will be selling.No doubt some of the best Simmy genetics to be found anywhere at any time.Someone should start a pool for fun and guess what the great donor matron Hart's Hollywood Queen will bring.Just a guess but it would not be suprising to see her go for $100,000.and then some.She has worked with purebreds halfbloods,and several of the clubby's.

GLZ

TMJ Show Cattle said:
All of the great ones will be in Emerald Wi. If you like Simmys for breeding purposes or club calves,they have something for everyone.If you enjoy going to sales to watch Bulls, Cows, heifers or whatever sell for lots of money, this is a must go to sale. I talked to Roger Allen last night and he said if there are any jrs. lookin for show heifes, they have 102 head that will be selling.No doubt some of the best Simmy genetics to be found anywhere at any time.Someone should start a pool for fun and guess what the great donor matron Hart's Hollywood Queen will bring.Just a guess but it would not be suprising to see her go for $100,000.and then some.She has worked with purebreds halfbloods,and several of the clubby's.

While she is obviously a legend I would be kind of surprised to see her bring 6 figures.  She is 14 years old. 

JSchroeder

...and has been flushed harder than virtually any cow in history.

I'm sure she'd be worth cloning but what surprises me is the last sentence of her description, "There is a genetic cell line that has been drawn on Queen if anyone is interested in cloning her."  Does that imply that the right to clone her will be available separate from her sale?

simtal

While she is obviously a legend I would be kind of surprised to see her bring 6 figures.  She is 14 years old.  

[/quote]
I'd be surprised if she brought that much too. Didn't half of her bring $35,000 a couple years ago?

vcsf

I am sure that Triple C will have a good sale and I hope it is a great one.  The cattle are good and I believe the people were truly great given their support of the breed and especially juniors.  However, I would be somewhat surprised if the sale was a real runaway.  If you look at their sale results from the past few years they have had good solid averages but nothing really spectacular like some other sales.  Also, in the past there was some trading of cattle which inflates prices some and probably will not be a factor now.

With regards to Hollywood Queen it was 2005 when she supposedly sold 3/4 interest for $30,000.  I say supposedly because while that was the bid price at the sale there was never any transfer of ownership and I do not believe the buyer has registered any calves from her.  I do believe she has been a very good cow but do not foresee her bringing anywhere close $100,000.  I too was a bit puzzled by the statement in the catalog about the cell line and cloning and if I was considering purchasing her would definitely want it clarified.

GLZ

One thing that I have always been amazed on Hollywood Queen is her -13 milk EPD.  I own one granddaughter, and she is easily the worst milker on the place.

husker1

My take on the Hollywood Queen interest sale several years ago...

Was told it was legit, but the purchaser wanted to flush more often than CCC, or even perhaps more often than the cow would allow....Sounds like she can't be pushed for quantity of flushes anymore....Anyway, CCC took the cow back because of that. 

Which is understandable since she's an aged donor that has been up and down the road.

BLRanch

From what I remember Queen was sold for 3/4 intrest at around 35,000. Then they got her back because they  farm that bought her went bankrupt or something like that. 

I think that she's gonna go under 100,000.

forcheyhawk

BLRanch said:
From what I remember Queen was sold for 3/4 intrest at around 35,000. Then they got her back because they  farm that bought her went bankrupt or something like that. 

I think that she's gonna go under 100,000.

I may be underestimating a 14 year old cow, but I think you'd be hard pressed to make your money back on 20-30K investment.  The conditions would have to be absolutely perfect to make those figures work.  I bet she's in the 20-30k ballpark though.  I'd be shocked if she brought 100K.

LinZ

CJB said:
LinZ said:
Any sp members going?
Just booked a hotel room last night.  Going to make the drive from Ohio.

Hey... Look us up.. I'll be the crazy red head with a bigggg blue belt buckle with lots of conchos and will be with an even crazier blond haired older lady.. Just us girls making the trip from AL(For me) to and TX(for her) up there. lol.. I would love to be some fellow sp members. Oh yes.. can't forget..I'll have on big shades :D

;:D LinZ

yousesteers

TMJ Show Cattle said:
All of the great ones will be in Emerald Wi. If you like Simmys for breeding purposes or club calves,they have something for everyone.

I havve seen the cows in KS and there are a lot o good ones there we were out there a week ago preparing for the cow sale and machinery sale and there are lots of ET calves go to www.wheelerauctions.com to request a catolog