Troubador

Help Support Steer Planet:

Brice8

Will troubador add much body and depth of rib?
What is th and pha status?
What is the price of his semen?
Any answers are appreciated.

simmyman67

Semen is 20-25 depending on where you buy it. He should add depth but I wouldn't breed him to a shallow bodied cow. He is double clean.

twistedhshowstock

Troubador is double clean, around $25 a straw, and in my opinion Troubador makes them soggy, big ribbed and deep sided, what he want do in my opinion is add frame or a lot of power.  But if you have an adequate framed, powerful cow that just needs a lot of guts and middle added to her then Troubador should do the trick.

nlgriff

I wouldn't use him on any heifers, especially clubby ones.  Stick with an angus bull or another calving ease bull, get a calf the first time. Then look clubby.

Bird Cattle

I HAVE TO AGREE, THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS POSTS OVER THE LAST 6 MONTHS OR SO ALLUDING TO USING HIM ON HEIFERS PROBLEY NOT A GOOD IDEA, LITTLE TO BIG.

WITH THAT SAID WE MAY HAVE FOUND A CALVING EASE CHARLOIS BULL WE CALL SWAGGER. I BOUGHT HIM AND HIS MOTHER OFF OF RANDY AIRHART A FEW YEARS BACK.  FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW THE AIRHART'S PETEGREE HE IS A DOUBLE BRED FROG.  WE SOLD 1/2 OF HIM IN OUR HFR SALE LAST YEAR TO MID CONTENENT FARMS.  CANT SAY FOR SURE IF HE IS A SLAM DUNK YET BUT ALL SIGNS ARE POINTING THAT DIRECTION.  WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

BY NO MEANS AM I TRYING TO RAIN ON TROUBADORE'S PARADE, HELL I OWN PART OF HIM, JUST WANTED TO GIVE EVERYONE A CHOICE ONE OF THESE DAYS FOR HFRS.  WE WILL KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED.

Bulldaddy

Won't use Troubador again.  He just didn't work for me.  Shallowed bodied, frail, leggy calves out of moderate, heavy boned, deep bodied cows.  No calving problems but birth weight was bigger than I expected. Disposition is good if that makes any difference.  I was impressed with my No Apologies calves.  He was easy calving for me.  The calves are thick moderate with lots of color.  Used him on one heifer and got a pretty good bull calf.  All born unassisted.  For a defect free Char influenced bull he is pretty good.  Will definitely use him again. 

Bird Cattle

Sorry you didn't have any luck with troubadour, just out of curiosity what kind of cows did you use him on  for instance heat wave daughters ex, and when were they born?

Bulldaddy

It was recommended to use him on stout heavy boned cows so I used him on some of my Simmental and Simangus females. The calves were born August, September.  He just didn't click with them.  Could have been the cows I guess.

Bird Cattle

Ya maybe not enough power. We have a whale of a set of Troubadour's,  mostly out of friction and heat wave daughters.  Didn't bred him to any simmy's ,bred them to Tony The Tiger , Polar Ice's full brother.

chambero

Obviously I havent seen your calves, but dont be too quick to dismiss them.  Ours last year really came on and developed - every one of them and some were out of Simis.  Unfortunately, I've only got one this year (out of a Yellowjacket heifer), but he's gonna make a steer.

Theses are a couple of Troubador heifers out of a Heat WaveX Full Flush Meyer.  She is a chunkier stout made hairier cow and i'd say she is a little more on the moderate side.  This flush worked very well and was consistent all the way through steers and heifers both.  These heifers are for sale on our online sale Nov 7-8 on breedersworld.com you can go on there to see videos of them too.
Thanks,
Brent Schneider
Schneider Bros

Attachments

• troubadorXheatwave 8.jpg
    troubadorXheatwave 8.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 172
  • troubadorXheatwave 9.jpg
    troubadorXheatwave 9.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 170

Latest posts