Help Support Steer Planet:

dimebag

Opinions on this Troubadour bull calf ?

Attachments

• IMG00058-20110103-1518.jpg
    IMG00058-20110103-1518.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 260

chambero

What is he on the dam side and what age?

I've never had calves come on as fast as my Troubador calves this year.  All of them have a very cool look to them and are growing into more muscle than I ever thought they would

Your calf looks pretty different from the ones I got - yours may be a little deeper bodied.  All of mine had very straight lines and almost strikingly long necks relative to anything else I've ever used.  Mine are all silver.

Get that calf on feed ASAP and see what happens.  

chambero

For comparison purposes.  This is the only one I have a recent photo of.

This calf is a Sep 12 baby that is second calf out of a Bold Statement momma.  She's not milking real good.   Second calvers are always our biggest trouble due in part to the way we manage them.  I don't know if that was part of his problem or not starting out, but this calf looked like a rat (a sorry one at that) the first six weeks of his life.  This photo doesn't do him justice (from last Thursday right after getting clipped and he was pretty sick with diahrea), but he's gonna make a steer.  We got him on creep feed at the end of November (essentially a month before this picture last Thursday).  His grandam raised a Champion Angus steer for us in Houston in 05.

Yours looks like he might be a little deeper and thicker than this one at this stage?

Dec_Photo_010.jpg

dimebag

Chambero , this calf is another one of my ET calves out of my Foreplay Donor .I have 2 brothers to him and 1 sister to him out of that cow this year , all of them a pretty stout . I'll have to wait until tomorrow to look at your calves , can't view them on the blackberry . 

chambero

Ours are more pretty than stout at this stage, but the muscle is coming.

okcc

would love to see more troubadour calves if anyone has any to add.

spb

okcc said:
would love to see more troubadour calves if anyone has any to add.
you can see an updated pic of my Troubadour on the Troubadour post

Bird Cattle

We will have pics up around Jan 18th on our web site i think you will be impressed  birdcattle.com <cowboy>

dimebag

Chambero , your calf pictured looks really nice , should just keep getting better !

dimebag

Another one of my Troubadour's .. this one is out of a Hoo Bear female .

Attachments

• IMG00022-20101120-1148_1.jpg
    IMG00022-20101120-1148_1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 243

chambero

I've got a heifer calf that could almost be a twin to that one.  Out of my son's first show heifer (a baldy Playmate grandaughter, this is her fourth calf).  I suspect we'll wind up showing her as a Chi or AOB next year.  Hadn't got her pictured yet.