Turbo Fans

Help Support Steer Planet:

KDSC

Can sullivan's turbo fans get wet??? I was thinking about putting a few Under the edge of our lean to but when it rains they would still get wet, so I didnt know if that would be a problem???  I also would rather leave my fans in the trailer, but if I do when it rains they are going to get wet?????? What do you think?? :)))

showsteerdlux

They can get wet because we have pressure wash ours. Just be careful about getting the cords wet if you have them going in the rain where they could start a fire or something on that line. Past that if they are unplugged don't worry about them getting wet.

dutch pride

Not sure I would want my fans to get wet, at least not on a consistant basis and surely not while they are plugged in and running. Electricity and water do not mix!!!!!

DLZ

showsteerdlux

Just to clarify we don't consistently wet our fans but if they are real dirty we take the cage off and give it a good cleaning. Other than that I'd also be very cautious about mixing water and electricity.

KDSC

yeah I wasnt planning on having them run while it was raining, but they would get rained on occasinaly

showsteerdlux

I don't think that should hurt them that bad. Just make sure the plugs are dry when you plug it up or you will get the ride of your life. Seriously though make sure there aren't any exposed wires.

Jill

You should be fine, you wil get a littlel rust over time, but we run misters in back of them during the summer and have never had a problem.

shortyisqueen

I don't know if this would help you or not...but we have our turbo fans rigged up so that they fit on a cart. They are completely transportable and all one has to do to set them up is wheel them over behind the calf and plug them in. This might be something that would work nicely in your lean-to. Whenever you needed the fans, you could wheel them out of their storage spot to the lean to. Otherwise, you could keep them dry.

As a plus, your fan is already on a cart, so when you need it to go to a show, you don't have to take anything down or set anything up. Perfect for one day jackpots!!

Latest posts