Turn-around time on ordering semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

LN

I usually order semen directly from the company (ABS, Genex, etc) but this year I decided to try ordering from my local rep. I placed my order Nov. 10 and haven't heard a peep from the guy and still waiting for shipment to show up. Am I just being impatient or should I be concerned?

This past Monday I ordered semen direct from a company and had it in yesterday.

Bawndoh

I would call him and ask what is going on.  Otherwise it seems like you are being impatient.  I am lucky, personally, to be able to get semen to a customer within a week.  Usually its 2 plus, just depends how things work out.  That, is for me, however, and were a little differently run up here ;).

justme

Depending on the time of year, my rep usually tries to put several orders together to save on shipping.  Usually within 2 weeks I have it though, if its going to be longer he tells me upfront or soon after I place it.  If I'm in a hurry I usually go direct

CAB

Our ABS rep meets the delivery truck normally twice monthly, so depending on whether or not he has just met the truck, it could be 2/3 weeks. I would call your rep to make sure that everything is OK with your order. Brent

LN

Thanks, sounds like I am being impatient. I've always ordered direct so I didn't realize the turn-around time with a rep. But even so, if it takes two weeks I'll still have my order in time. I'll probably call just to be on the safe side.