"Twister", The Carneyman Smoke Steer with Peculiar Markings!

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

A week ago I posted pictures of the smoke steer that had peculiar markings, here's an updated photo.  This week old steer is a Carneyman X Alias/Full Form/Meyer.

RSC

Attachments

• Twister A 1.jpg
    Twister A 1.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 644
  • Twister A 2.jpg
    Twister A 2.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 626

RSC

knabe said:
i wonder if the skin cells in that area are chimeric.
They don't appear to be different.  The black hair seems to be the same soft hair as the rest.

RSC

cookcattleco

i had one born like that also.  Dr. Who X Registered Angus  except black with brown spot

Attachments

• 102_1673.JPG
    102_1673.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 760
  • 102_1674.JPG
    102_1674.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 709

justme

RSC, put that Black Magic paint away lol (lol) I couldn't resist.  What a neat steer to take into the ring!  You need to find a cute little girl to lead that calf into the ring!  It just looks like a "girl's" steer. (cow)

RSC

justme said:
RSC, put that Black Magic paint away lol (lol) I couldn't resist.  What a neat steer to take into the ring!  You need to find a cute little girl to lead that calf into the ring!  It just looks like a "girl's" steer. (cow)
LOL, That's what I told my 9 year old when he was born.  "It looks like I stepped away from the grooming chute and came back to find you spraying a completely smoke colored calf with Black Touchup!"

RSC

gilbert07

I seen a Dr Who out oa pb charolais today he was cream colored with a white stripe all the way down his back.I also seen a stainless steel out of a black limmy and he was dark red .You don always get what you want

red

we had a black calf born at the farm w/ a white stripe down her back like a skunk.

Red

SWMO

Even in the purebred Charolais you will find some that will be much whiter along their tailhead than the rest of their body.  Have one purebred this year that was more of a cream color with a whiter head and tailhead.

red

what about red smoke? He's a registered Charolais bull that is almost a light rust.

DiamondS

We have two half brother Char bulls that we bred to 40 solid black cows.  I have quite a colorful mixture.  Some are true smokeys, some are rusty colored, some we call "paints".  We have grey calves with white tailheads, white star, white legs and a white belly.  Also have "red" smoke calves marked the same way.  I believe we'll have a hard time marketing them.  Bulls are Fink Genetics bulls, and the calves are really growing, but are not good structurally.  The white boys are probably headed to town....