Tyson

Help Support Steer Planet:

gilbert07

i just ordered some semen on him and was just wondering what the outcome people had on him and if he was for sure a calving ease bull...im using him on a purebred charolais and the last thing i want is a dead calf and/or heifer

prfarms

We had a Tyson calf last year - we'll use him again.  She's not a "show" heifer, but doesn't do to bad - usually the middle of her class.  We're keeping her for a replacement heifer - she's also 25% shorthorn

showcattlegal

here is my experience with tyson. i had a full brother to him this morning i think he is better then the one in the picture.

Attachments

• tag35.jpg
    tag35.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 226

COWgirls

Just took a tyson steer to market.  Was what I'd consider an average run-of-the mill steer that was fed well and turned out better in the end than anyone ever expected.  Did well in the show ring.  No complaints.

rkmn

My neighbor used him on a purebred Black simmy cow by Dream On and got a beautiful red heifer calf last spring. I don't know how big she was at birth, but she did go on to be named champion Maintainer at the 2011 Illinois Beef Expo.

gilbert07

how much bone, hair and thickness does he add?  how are their attitudes as well...i appreciate all the replies

JDP

Here is on we are taking to county fair out of Tyson and a Total Play cow. Great disposition and good doing calf. Tyson seems to down size a bit and add thickness with lowerr birthweights for us but we don't use him on heifers. We use some of him every year and will continue to.

Attachments

• LOT23_Tyson2.jpg
    LOT23_Tyson2.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 190

Telos

JDP- I agree with your observation. Montego Bay is a Tyson son  and is one of the most impressive bulls I've seen. In most cases he downsizes and really seem to work well with Total Play genetics. Structurally he seems to improve harder pastern cattle and has a nice foot size. I think he is a good birthweight bull but not quite as good as his sire Ali. Tyson does seems more consistant.