Ultimate SHOW cattle trailer

Help Support Steer Planet:

garett

Get one with an awning, or something that you can put one on. I don't know how many shows I've been to where you had to fit out in the sun, or under a tent if you had one. Just roll ou tthe awning and park a chute under it, or a few chairs..

Doc

Just got my new Eby. It's 7' x 24'. Front cut gate is a floater. Nothing super fancy and have only pulled it 40 miles today to get it home, but I sure like it so far.

Attachments

• Eby trailer.jpg
    Eby trailer.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,022

blackcows

Simmgal said:
We just recently converted an old toy hauler camper into a bovine hauler! We line the back with mats, tarps and bedding and shovel it out after a show. Works good for long shows because there is a lot of extra room for people since it used to be an actual camper! Probably not the best idea if you have other resources, but it gets the job done for us!

I would be a bit nervous about doing that, toy haulers and RVs are not built the same as livestock trailers.  Livestock trailers are made to withstand pawing, pulling, pushing, banging, and all of the other things that a load of thousand pound animals do while traveling,  toy haulers are made to haul stationary objects.  I would  take a look at the construction of the toy hauler's walls and compare that to the walls of a stock trailer and I think you will see a big difference.

blackcows

I am suprised that you don't see more people pulling trailers with living quarters to cattle shows.  We show both cattle and horses, usually only the county fair and another small show with the cattle but lots of horse shows.  Our cattle trailer is a 7 1/2 x 20 with a 4 foot dressing room, I really like the dressing room becuase we can keep our fans, showbox, and other show stuff on the trailer all of the time, it's loaded and ready to go when it's time to show.

Our horse trailer is a 7 1/2 x 26 three horse.  It has a 3' midtack for storage and an 8' short wall living quarters, we have a bed in the nose, a dinete that converts to a bed, microwave, heat, ac, shower, toliet, cabinets, and a closet.  Everything we need for showday is in the trailer....paperwork, cloths, snacks, drinks, etc.  It is nice to be able to get out of the heat or cold to change or just take a break, nice to have your own bathroom, just nice to have a little place to keep organized while we are showing.  We also spend several nights a year in the trailer for overnight shows.  If we went to more cattle shows I'd probably take the slants out and use this trailer for the cattle shows....so I guess to the subject of the ultimate show cattle trailer for me it would have a living quarters, something like this:

http://gc4star.com/trailer_details.asp?id=%7B461FF492-2B26-436E-8213-CF16ACC36829%7D&icn=31250&cls=116&cat=123

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

nhrpullsplatinumcoach.jpg

AC, Drop Ramp, Slider inside, Escape gate on other side, Swing/Slider on the back. Tall and Wide. Family just got it Friday, taking it to a show Sunday morning.

fxfrmtb

Here is mine. 2012 28x8 Elite. It has 12 roof vents. Tie rails inside and out, side ramp, hay rack, and chute rack. All polished aluminum. 2 Gates. One stationary 10 ft from the back with a slider, one moveable with an opening door. Electric over hydraulic brakes, Alcoas, and 16 ply tires. This trailer pulls like a dream. Only thing I would change is add more loading lights.

Attachments

• 385771_3629780259103_1112003212_33357934_1331482759_n.jpg
    385771_3629780259103_1112003212_33357934_1331482759_n.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,282

Doc

fxfrmtb said:
Here is mine. 2012 28x8 Elite. It has 12 roof vents. Tie rails inside and out, side ramp, hay rack, and chute rack. All polished aluminum. 2 Gates. One stationary 10 ft from the back with a slider, one moveable with an opening door. Electric over hydraulic brakes, Alcoas, and 16 ply tires. This trailer pulls like a dream. Only thing I would change is add more loading lights.

Very good looking trailer!!

Texas Dude

Anybody seen a trim chute rack on driver's side? I have not, but am thinking of putting mine there. My curbside will have an awning and ramp and want tie rails high and low on that side.
Anybody see a problem with that?

blackcows

Texas Dude said:
My curbside will have an awning

Are you planning on having cattle under the awning?  I have an awning on my horse trailer and it's very rare that we use it, they aren't built very solid so if you had a horse or cattle get into the supports it would take about 10 seconds for the thing to be destroyed.  Also a little bit of wind will make them flap which can spook even the most tame animal.  I have a 26 foot trailer with a 20 foot awning and wish I had a 10 ft awning to cover people but not the horses.  You might want to consider a 2 step awning as it doesn't have the uprights that a normal awning does.

Texas Dude

Hmmm, good thought. My awning will be 14 foot. Sounds like it might just be for people.

chambero

How wide is your trailer?  You are more likely to sideswipe somebody on that side going down the highway.  They can stick out pretty far, especially if you have an 8' trailer.  Mine on the passenger side makes me nervous enough.  It also seems like most barns have you unloading to the passenger side.

ROMAX

fxfrmtb said:
Now thats one sexy unit.

Ohio1

fxfrmtb said:

Very nice!