ULURU BUSTER 6T

Help Support Steer Planet:

mechanic

We just got a new picture of ULURU BUSTER 6T so I thought I would post it on here for all to comment. He is a Muridale Buster 14K son out of a SS American Pride (MSF Equity) daughter.
Hunt Farms and B-Good purchased him in last years SUN COUNTRY bull sale from ULURU. Bob kept an interest and we have semen available in both the US and Canada. I beleive that there is very little Buster 14K semen left in the US so this guy is a perfect to follow in his fathers foot steps. He is moderate framed with tremendous butt and top. We will be breeding about 30 females to him this year and then using HVR GOLD and RICKY BOBBY in natural service.

Jim

Attachments

• Uluru Buster 6T April 09 resized.jpg
    Uluru Buster 6T April 09 resized.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 324

mechanic

Thanks Linnettejane. I really beleive he has a lot to add to the breed. He has a foot like a clyde horse. Loads of heel and has not been trimed to date. His added muscle and 3 dimensional shape should be just what we need. The other nice thing is there is no TRUMP! 90% Canadian genetics to make a nice outcross.

Jim

OH Breeder

WOuld really like to see front and back. One dimensional photo but that is what many times we have to work with. Like his natural thickness and depth of rib. Might be shorter through the front but we have plenty of freaky females out there. Big fan of his markings. Eye catcher. Great looking bull. I liked Ricky Bobby too. Thought he made for an interesting breeding peice.

mechanic

OB: If I could change him I would pull his neck out a little but like you said there is enough freaky fronted females out there to use him on and take advantage of his overall dimensions. I would have liked to have gotten a picture from different angles so everyone could see just how impressive he is from both ends. You will just have to take my word for it. As far as Ricky Bobby goes we will have him here in the North in another couple weeks. I can't wait. He should mate well with some of our females. I have a handfull of Lincon Red influenced cows that he will be used on. I am hopefull that he will cross well on them and give us something exciting to look at next spring.

Jim

OH Breeder

mechanic said:
OB: If I could change him I would pull his neck out a little but like you said there is enough freaky fronted females out there to use him on and take advantage of his overall dimensions. I would have liked to have gotten a picture from different angles so everyone could see just how impressive he is from both ends. You will just have to take my word for it. As far as Ricky Bobby goes we will have him here in the North in another couple weeks. I can't wait. He should mate well with some of our females. I have a handfull of Lincon Red influenced cows that he will be used on. I am hopefull that he will cross well on them and give us something exciting to look at next spring.

Jim

Anxious to see how your RB calves turn out.
Who will be handling your semen state side for the Buster bull? His markings remind me of the Heartbreaker heifer of Sullivans out of Dixie Chic cow.

mechanic

It is in storage at Nicols in Iowa and at Genex in Canada and can be ordered through myself or Bob (ULURU on SP). If interested give me a call @ 416-992-8084. It is priced @ $25 plus certificate in the US and $30 in Canada.

Jim

OH Breeder

Looking at his pedigree he has some great Birthweight EPD's in his breeding. Both dam and sire side.

mechanic

We are going to use him on 15 heifers this year so I hope he works okay.
Jim

shorties

Really like the bull but two things that i would like changed with what was already mentioned.  First he is plenty soft in the pastures on the rear not a huge deal up still a concern also he looks plenty staight in his shoulder.  But besides that i like the gentics and things he would be a good outcross.

CAB

Like his depth of rib and how filled out his heartgerth appears. He looks good and we will wait to see some pics of calves as you get them next spring. Brent