Umbargers "Apex"

Help Support Steer Planet:

jphelps

Has anybody been using it? Seeing any results? Would it be a replacement for beet pulp or full tank? I just saw a flyer at a show I went to so I don't know who new the product actually is, any input about the product would be great.

showsteerdlux

We use it and love it. I have my pigs on just Apex right now trying to hold them and its working well, and has also really lowered their bellies. If you look at it and what it does, it expands probably 3 times as much as beet pulp and a little better than full tank. Looking at the amount you have to give to get the same results its alot cheaper than beet pulp and probably about the same as full tank depending on where you're at and availability. But overall, I love it and don't plan on switching from it.

jphelps

So you dont use a combonation of beet pulp and apex or full tank and apex? just straight apex

savaged

We used it this year and really liked the results.  I think it is more palatable than Full Tank.  We fed it as the only supplement of this type.  I would not bother mixing it with beet pulp or Full Tank.

showsteerdlux

I use it straight and would recommend it in this fashion as savaged said. I also agree on the palatability. It seems to be a softer pellet, and is also a little shorter than full tank. The calves and pigs love it.

jphelps

you mentioned it worked with your pigs also? would it be your number one choice for filling them in as well? i show pigs too