Uno Mas vs Brilliance

Help Support Steer Planet:

team1

I have a few clubby bred heifers to breed this winter and am trying to decide between Uno Mas and Brilliance. Obviously I need calving ease since they are heifers and I am wanting to breed them maternal with sexed heifer semen. I can get sexed heifer semen on either bull for $50. The heifers I am breeding are a little on the smaller side frame wise being clubby heifers. Most could be made a little cooler fronted but have plenty of hair and power. They are all very sound. I will most likely be trying to keep the resulting progeny for cows but possibly sell them for a show heifer if they are good enough. With all that said I was concerned if I would get much size out of them breeding to Brilliance but I thought Brilliance would put a little nicer neck in them. Any thoughts?

Chuck Wagon

Brilliance heifer on left, Daddy’s Money Dam on the right.  That’s her first calf

Attachments

• 70676E5B-FA2D-48F3-B8AD-BA613AD69995.jpeg
    70676E5B-FA2D-48F3-B8AD-BA613AD69995.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 231

CRS

I have really liked our Uno Mas calves.  They come little, have some grow and are pretty easy fleshing.  Ours have had perfect teats and udders too with ample milk.  Attached is a 3 year old Uno Mas cow.  She also has great feet, legs and a top you could play cards on.

Attachments

• Uno Mas 11-20.jpg
    Uno Mas 11-20.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 357

Latest posts