Unstoppable Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

Buck

We have a heifer this time that is really nice. She is out of a cow that is admittedly a little on the nervous side. All of the rest of the calves don't pay you any attention when you are walking through them like we all like them to be. However, this one calf wants to keep her distance and will retreat whenever pressured. How are the temperaments on Unstoppable calves? Does he seem to improve attitude and disposition or make it worse?

GoWyo

We have had 4 (2 heifers and 2 steers).  The 2 heifers are full siblings born a year apart.  One had a pretty classic Maine Anjou look out of a Maine cow (wide pinned, clean fronted and needs a little more depth) and the full sister we made a terminal market heifer as she was really short and looked like a propane tank with legs.  The market heifer is the only one that was happier with people leaving her alone and we wound up showing her with a nose bug just to be on the safe side.  The steers have been very good on disposition.

steerbuff

We have 2 Unstoppable steers on feed and both are extremely gentle. I wish they could all be like that.

Buck

Thanks for your responses. I was hoping for more because I know there are a lot of those calves out there. We are hoping that as we continue to be in them that she will settle down and after we wean and start breaking she will come around even more!