Update on our bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

I just wanted to let everyone who responded to my post a few weeks ago about our bull who appeared to have some kind of spinal problem. We had a second vet out today and he told us it appears to be a injury in the hip and stiffle area. Unfortantly the damage is to great so he will be put down tomorrow. I wanted to THANK everyone who had suggestions for us!! We went over all of the with our vet.

Joe Boy

:(  So very sorry for your loss.  We have our bull on IV's and he seems to be responding.  Again, we are so sorry.

TJ

We've lost a few bulls over the years for one reason or another... It's never fun when something like that happens!!  I am sorry to hear about your loss. 

DL

SKF - so sorry about your bull - it is so hard when you baby them along and do all the bovine ICU and it doesn't work out how you would like - it takes a toll, very sorry

chambero

I missed your original post and don't know how old your bull is.  I think some of these bulls are so stout that when something gives way somewhere, it at least shows up in their back.  Kind of like old decrepit people.  Actually, a slight injury to a leg or something else puts extra stress on their back and can cause them to get down in their back.

Anyway, that's my theory.  Almost every bull we've had go bad has been with a back issue.

Latest posts