Update on Roxy

Help Support Steer Planet:

txshowlamb

Well she was put down the morning. She went peacefully and is now pain free we did stay for her as she took her last breath. When we woke up she was having difficulties breathing and just walking. It is going to be a long day but thank you all for your support. 
RIP ROXY AUGUST 18,2008 MY BABY

frostback

So sorry for your loss, you did the right thing by ending her pain. That sure dosnt take away the pain though. Frostie (angel)

doubled

I am so sorry, I totally know how you feel, I still miss our Reba loads, still expect to see here wagging and waiting for us when we come home,
the hurt does not just go away, my prayers are with you and yours, I know its hard but they are in doggie heaven now, romping and rolling.

JbarL

sorry for your loss...by far the toughest part of the farm...for young and old alike.....unfortunattly your heart felt sorrow is a symptom of  farm life", and is shared with you by all of us.....your situation takes me back to my first loss....i was in my 20's...i think everone here can  relate to there own losses as well....there seems to be a natural emotion for every sceniero  when an animal leaves the farm......death = sorrow/sometimes guilt      sale=excitment/sometimes worry or regret    theft= anger/ sometimes with thoughts of criminal revenge......you will experience all of these emotions at sometime in your young life....they are all natural....but some are unhealthy...whether you experiene these emotions on the farm or in the city as a young person  i  believe you will soon realize the best and healthiest way to continue. and sometime in the future the thoughts of sorrow and hurt your feeling now will be replaced  with a little girn, remembering a particular moment , and maybe a tear, when the thought of you  and her crosses your mind...but you can be proud and sure of the care you have given......enough so that god surely appreciates our  efforts  with his animals, and will help you with your struggles as well.....bless you young lady.....jbarl

Losin Money

I lost my K-9 partner who patrolled the streets with me for 10+ years.  It was undoubtably the hardest thing I've ever gone through.  We ate, slept, played, and worked together. A part of me died with him. But he isn't suffering and I have tons of good memories of him.  I wish you the best.  I know you are going through the tough times. 

shortyjock89

I wish that I could tell you how much I feel for you right now, I lost the best dog I've ever had two summers ago, and it doesn't seem like I'll really get over it for good.  We have other dogs, but Katie was special.  She slept with kittens and calves, protected all of us from coyotes and opossums and the like, and never complained, even as her thyroid disorder took her.  She always made an effort to make us happy, and when her time came, I was beside her, not at the vet, but at home as she fell asleep for the last time under her favorite shade tree.  When we buried her, I had tears in my eyes. 

And jbarl, that was probably one of my favorite posts of yours, you hit the nail on the head with that one.