***UPDATE****

Help Support Steer Planet:

renegade

I just got the bull and steers trimmed. The trimmer and his son are top showman and i compete against his son at fair.  He said he has been trimming a lot of 900 and 950 steers this year which is a mixed feeling kinda thing - good for me and my brother because my bro is in the top 10% and i am in the top 20% according to him and i wouldn't doubt his word for a minute - bad for the other kids who wont make weight. 

He also said since i have an april calf ya he is a little young but his short stature will make them think he is a club hereford(and he wasn't bred as a club).

I think i am going to make weight he is taping over 1015 now. ;D

renegade

DIDO on the standing still part. I can tie my steer all day long and he will stand perfect but you try to hold him in a line up or have some one look him over and he practically freaks out.

red

best thing to do is have people practice walking up behind him while you're working w/ him. It takes time but after w while he'll get used to it. Also if you can get someone else to lead a another steer with you that gets them used to someone else in the ring.
I'm very proud of both of you!

Red

farmboy

Cross bred, he's out of our pale face x angus  herd bull and a half shorthorn first calf heifer that I bottle raised

hers a pic of the sire

Attachments

• guess the sire.jpg
    guess the sire.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 522