vaquero stuff

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

https://padlockranch.com/ranch-management/cattle-ranch/breeding-program/ 

500000 acres and 10000 calves a year stemming from the right x breeding dating back to 1943
WELLA WELLA  TEN MILLION BURGER FANS CANT BE WRONG O0

Attachments

• ellllllvaissss.jpg
    ellllllvaissss.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 381

knabe

seen a guy at a branding rope like bill. (angles and rolling loops at 3:00)

the guy could throw the loop in both directions in front of him and back behind him both sides.

i asked him about one loop he threw and he said he hoped everyone saw it with a grin.

they've all been around him so much they just say he's a top hand

he was doing hip shots as well (5:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWbx-9BBTDc

Doc

Pretty cool story on Jesse Wilkinson. 85' riatas is unreal, I have a hard enough time with a 35' rope. I loved the part about the elk.

CAB

That is some great reading material and history. I can't imagine.

I bought a potload of first calve heifers from the Padlock in 1987. I can tell you that the heifers I bought did not calve easy. They were bred to the Saler bull Keys Total. I pulled 88% of the calves and I would have to say they the cattle never really adjusted to Iowa. They were born in a bigger pasture. When the potload unloaded at my farm in Iowa, we dropped them into a 160acre stock field and they circled it at full speed two times B4 they slowed down. We sorted through those heifers quickly. They were actually great cows but not born and bred to live in a smaller pasture.

Doc

CAB said:
That is some great reading material and history. I can't imagine.

I bought a potload of first calve heifers from the Padlock in 1987. I can tell you that the heifers I bought did not calve easy. They were bred to the Saler bull Keys Total. I pulled 88% of the calves and I would have to say they the cattle never really adjusted to Iowa. They were born in a bigger pasture. When the potload unloaded at my farm in Iowa, we dropped them into a 160acre stock field and they circled it at full speed two times B4 they slowed down. We sorted through those heifers quickly. They were actually great cows but not born and bred to live in a smaller pasture.

I know what you mean. I bought a cow one time from Ric Hoyt in Burns , OR. She was a hand full in the beginning. I saw Ric at NAILE that fall and asked him how small his smallest pasture was and he said 500 acres. No wonder she was freaking out in a 60 acre field. She finally settled down. She was also with a group that knew the routine, not 1 of a potload.