Very Proud Dad

Help Support Steer Planet:

dare3324

My kids go to a small rural school with a high school enrollment of 250 give or take(South Newton, Kentland Indiana). We have a youth football program for 3rd through 6th grade. The 5th and 6th grade team consists of 14 kids including my son and another kid who are only 4th graders. Lafayette Jeff (lafayette,indiana) who has an enrollment of 2.380 hosts a tournament every year that we attend. It is really great because it is a larger venue than our kids will ever play on. Our boys WON the whole deal. Winning their first game 18-8 and second game 24-0. They are an incredible group of kids. They were outsized but definetly not out manned! My son is nose tackle (#95) and is the heaviest kid on our team. Notice the size difference between him and the center for Jeff. They really showed heart!

Attachments

• DSCF0064.jpg
    DSCF0064.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF0049.jpg
    DSCF0049.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 159

justme

My daughter cheered for our "lil'tiger" team this year.  Those programs are priceless...I love them.  We too have a small school district, under 200 and we play 8 man football here.  Kinda rough for the little guys to play "full" football but they hold there own against the bigger schools.  Great job!

chambero

This is how we multitask in our family this time of year.

We have a real competetive peewee football program in north central Texas.  We play in an eight team (district) with eight games + playoffs.  My son's fifth-sixth grade team had 24 kids on the team and finished 3rd this year and got beat in the first round of playoffs.  My son (fifth grade) started both ways towards the end of the year (guard and nose guard). 

What a blast!  I got so excited cheering at a game last year I slipped on wet bleachers and broke my left elbow.  I wouldn't leave till the overtime game was over (he won!).

Attachments

• Football 08.JPG
    Football 08.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 483