Video Format "Peer Review"

Help Support Steer Planet:

JSchroeder

After reading Brad's recent thread I decided to throw a video up to be picked apart.  I've always been of the opinion that critiques of actual stuff is the best way to learn.

I tried to take most of the advice in the thread...

-There's a shot of his feet
-A shot from pretty much every angle
-A shot of him walking
-You can approximate the size right off the bat as he walks by my father
-Relevant info for the steer is included as captions
-He's been clipped but we didn't use any product on him or clip the tail head out that day

We've recently started using Adobe Premiere Elements instead of Windows Movie Maker.  I know why I didn't do it earlier (stubbornness) but for $100, that program is leaps and bounds above WMM and is just about as easy to figure out.

A recent conference I went to told me to start uploading our videos to Youtube in addition to our own site as well.

So here's the try...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ1sVL-KvjY

So what kinds of clips should I have included in the video that we left out?

edit:I call him a steer but he's still intact.

SKF

Geat video!! Plus great calf! (clapping)

SWMO

I like the fact that he is on almost bare ground so that you can see the lower leg action and the hooves.  Especially how he travels off his pasterns.

GONEWEST

I thought the video was really nice. I also liked that it was posted on youtube.

And I'm asking this out of ignorance, what did you like about the Adobe over WMM. Both came on my computer and I can't find anything in Adobe I can't do with windows easier. Someone had mentioned that the windows platform was unstable, I've just never had that problem. However, I have a mental block about Adobe products. I don't use photoshop, dreamweaver, illustrator, not Adobe anything. Just not as easy for me to learn or use. However, if there's a better way, I'd love to know. Thanks a bunch.

JSchroeder

On that video in particular, there wasn’t much of a difference in how they were used.  However, I’m also working on some livestock judging videos for a development site and the types of things I can do with Premiere make me realize the constraints of WMM.  Adding text so specific areas, showing four videos at once, saving directly to Flash, and all sorts of little things just add up.  I guess in one word, the difference would be a feeling of “freedom” vs the constraints of WMM.

As a small example from another video I’m working on, to add the Cattle.com logo in WMM I had to create an XML file and tweak it for about 45 minutes to get it the way I wanted it to work.  I program all day long and it was a bit complicated to figure out.  With Premiere I was able to just paste it right where I wanted it, set the opacity, and boom, it was done.

Please don’t think I’m trying to bash WMM, all of our Denver videos to this point were edited on it and it works just fine for almost everything.  If you’re familiar with it though, Premier Elements (at least version 8 ) is the most similar video editing software I’ve found.

edit:got rid of a smily from the 8 )