Video of our current Charolais Bull. Kuddos to Brad Hood Broadcasting.

Help Support Steer Planet:

garybob

Does he stamp that phenotype and performance into his sons? What about his daughters, what do they look like?

Good bull. Slick haired, masculine, deep-heeled. I deal for SW MO, NW AR, NE OK......Breeders in the Ozarks, as well as the Appalachian States, should  use him to tone-down their framey, gutless, Wyoming Wind cows. Fescue ain't good for high-maintenance cows, when Supplements are overpriced.

GB

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I have to disagree with GARYBOB a little ,WYOMING WIND must not be a changer and pretty much bred like the cows he is put on ...I was one of the first leasers on the bull before they opened the market on him ...Still got a few and some are fairly small and short with plenty of middle and use for club calf donors ....We also used him on heifers and never worried about them, WE had a 100 units we used up ,he didn't work on some peoples cows like ours I know ......If you had some cows with the original Charolais cow with some cream or tint he would sure make them pure white ...

garybob

Freddy said:
I have to disagree with GARYBOB a little ,WYOMING WIND must not be a changer and pretty much bred like the cows he is put on ...I was one of the first leasers on the bull before they opened the market on him ...Still got a few and some are fairly small and short with plenty of middle and use for club calf donors ....We also used him on heifers and never worried about them, WE had a 100 units we used up ,he didn't work on some peoples cows like ours I know ......If you had some cows with the original Charolais cow with some cream or tint he would sure make them pure white ...
This is where I exhibit a little too much "honesty" about my experiences and beliefs ( which are based on what I've seen, not heard at the coffee shop, or remember my ANSC Professors saying). I truly apologize for generalizing a particular Sire's Progeny.
Like Freddy says, LT Wyoming Wind probably didn't tone 'em down and deepen 'em up, if the cow's genetics were too steeped in "good, growthy cattle", like he did in herds in the Midwest and Plains.
I guess I have always been a stickler for fleshing ease. My neighbors in the Ozark Highlands Region didn't quite latch on to that notion, until Ethanol started taking the grain away from the Livestock Biz.

GB

SWMO

garybob said:
Does he stamp that phenotype and performance into his sons? What about his daughters, what do they look like?

Good bull. Slick haired, masculine, deep-heeled. I deal for SW MO, NW AR, NE OK......Breeders in the Ozarks, as well as the Appalachian States, should  use him to tone-down their framey, gutless, Wyoming Wind cows. Fescue ain't good for high-maintenance cows, when Supplements are overpriced.

GB
His first calves just hit the ground this spring.  Pretty excited about what we have here on the place. Will have more in a few months.  What we have a pretty darned consistent in type and frame.  The calf in the video is one of his heifers out of a first calf heifer.

Bulldaddy

Very nice bull, nice video but the music is distracting and somewhat irritating.  Guess it is a pet peeve, but I think music should be left of cattle videos altogether.