Virginia State Fair Bankrupt!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shadow Hill Farm

Virginia State Fair has gone bankrupt. I feel for the kids who depend on this fair. It is postponed for this year and may never come have one again. I hope they figure out something fast! Anyone on here that this effects? Has anyone else heard any more news about this?

knabe

Any info on why?

The buildings are typically paid for, the vendors are responsible for their own stuff and pay a fee, some personnel are voluntary, the state extracts a fee.  Perhaps the people should buy their assets back from the state and take government back from the government.  In ca it's pretty bad as the state owns most if not all the county fairgrounds.  Why I don't know but I think they got it for a song.  We can't even improve our own county fairgrounds without a huge paperwork nightmare. 

knabe

someone should have fired all the fair management staff or whoever made those suggestions before they were sold the land in the first place.

really sad that fair board people need a full time job as fair people.  what a joke that they have control over 50 million dollars.

bet they land on their feet quickly in some government job.

at least now, the fair without those people can get started again in a more modest fashion and modernize the idea of a fair as most people don't make jam anymore or know each other. maybe they could make it some facebook twitter blog app cook off instead along with livestock.

Shadow Hill Farm

I couldn't agree more!! Really makes me mad what they did! Hopefully someone will take it over. I hope they get the barns straightened out too! You have to take generators to run your equipment whether it's fans, blowers, clippers etc cause the fuses always blow! Total nightmare. 

Simmgal

Well, whenever you sign up a heifer I know you don't have to pay an entry fee. There's no income from that section.. also buying a new facility didn't help. There have been rumors that the cattle part of the fair will be moved to the Rockingham County Fairgrounds. That works out well for me since I live about 15 minutes away from there!! Everyone else who had a short drive to the old grounds will not enjoy the new location if it even goes through. I really hope they can still have the show though.

Shadow Hill Farm

Thanks for the info! I didn't know they were considering Rockingham! I agree they shouldn't have let NASCAR take over the fair grounds to begin with and move. Not smart on their part. I would love for it to be closer! That would be sweet!

Simmgal

Shadow Hill Farm said:
Thanks for the info! I didn't know they were considering Rockingham! I agree they shouldn't have let NASCAR take over the fair grounds to begin with and move. Not smart on their part. I would love for it to be closer! That would be sweet!

I hope so too! I didn't know NASCAR took it over! Makes sense though..

Latest posts