Vitafirm and Showbloom?

Help Support Steer Planet:

DSC2012

What's the difference (if there is one) between showbloom and vitafirm? If there's not a difference, which is better or more effective?

Also, the steer we are raising is currently weighing 982 lbs. Our county show is in April. Would you start feeding him vitafirm at this point or not?

I'm not familiar with Vitafirm so any comments or advice is welcome!

SlickTxMaine

We have fed Vitafirm for the last three years from start to finish.  Keeps them on feed, keeps their gut working.  It's packed with vitamins and minerals.  Just keeps them really healthy.  <party>

frostback

I have very limited usage so take it for what its worth. I had a chance to do a little reserch when I had 4 head going to the same sale. They were fed the same basic feed but I added Vitafirm to one of the heifers. She by far had better hair. It had more shine and was thicker. I am feeding it to all the kids show calves this year.

rtmcc

We use VitaFerm Sure Champ pellets on the show cattle from weening to the last day they show.  After that we use the VitaFerm mineral products on the cow herd and replacements.  The yearling bulls we are developing are on the VitaFerm Conceptaid pellets.  We love the stuff and wouldn't be with out it.
We have never used Showbloom but I'm sure as long as its been around it is a good product to.

Ron
<cowboy>

CMB

I think they're both good products. We've always used Showbloom but switched to Vita Ferm Sure Champ this season. If any major difference it's the price and protein content. The Showbloom is about $15 a bag more.

ssr

VitaFirm is the main ingredient of the show bloom product

superduty

This is response I got from Radale Tiner who works for them ...

Radale: Ok.  The major difference is the Amaferm. This helps to increase & maintain appetite!  There is nothing in Showbloom to help increase appetite.

chambero

I feed Vitaferm, but I thought the yeast products in Showbloom were similar to the Amaferm.

flacowman

we always fed showbloom and saw an almost instatn increase in appetite and growth, as well as hair and digestive health

nobody

flacowman said:
we always fed showbloom and saw an almost instatn increase in appetite and growth, as well as hair and digestive health
yep...us too. We tried the vitafirm on the show heifers last year and they didn't have near the bloom/appetite as with the showbloom.

Latest posts