Vodka infusion

Help Support Steer Planet:

cytime

Heard of doin the same thing with crown.. Bt you put a bunch of cherries in an old big pickle jar n then put the crown in it n leave it for 3 or 4 months..

inthebarnagain

I've had moonshine infused with peaches, makes the peaches turn a dark purple, absolutely awesome and I'm not a drinker, at all

ferkj

I've seen some people infused with moonshine also turn purple.  That was after they turn red then green then white. <beer>

farmin female

hamburgman said:
Olson Family Shorthorns said:
We do a similar thing with cherries. We make it in mason jars, and when its done the vodka is deep red. It's wicked strong, but it sure is tasty.  I think with the way we do it, you have to turn the jars over every week, and it takes 6-8 weeks. It is basically alcoholic cherries and then the run off from it is a tasty concoction....really good for making cherry pie shots.

I do this also, but with sugar, sour cherries and vodka, gallon vodka two quarts cherries, and sugar and wait 6 months and it is amazing.

Hey Hamburgman, could you pm me with your recipe?  I would love to try this.  I have never done anything like this before, but it sounds like fun.  Thanks. 

aj

I tried some black berries in a vodka bottle. Fairly quickly a few berries of the black berry pod or whatever turned white. My wife says it is mold. Did I ruin a perfectly bottle of Absolute Raspberries seem to do the same thing. It was in the fridge. Are there any chemists out there. My strawberry deal is turning out good again though.

sue

ferkj said:
I've seen some people infused with moonshine also turn purple.  That was after they turn red then green then white. <beer>
(clapping)

hamburgman

farmin female said:
hamburgman said:
Olson Family Shorthorns said:
We do a similar thing with cherries. We make it in mason jars, and when its done the vodka is deep red. It's wicked strong, but it sure is tasty.  I think with the way we do it, you have to turn the jars over every week, and it takes 6-8 weeks. It is basically alcoholic cherries and then the run off from it is a tasty concoction....really good for making cherry pie shots.

I do this also, but with sugar, sour cherries and vodka, gallon vodka two quarts cherries, and sugar and wait 6 months and it is amazing.

Hey Hamburgman, could you pm me with your recipe?  I would love to try this.  I have never done anything like this before, but it sounds like fun.  Thanks. 

If I remember right it is 1 quart of pie cherries, two quarts of vodka and about 4 cups of sugar, you can add more or less sugar

trevorgreycattleco

My uncle just dropped off some moonshine yesterday. May be the best moonshine I have had to date. (Tell you tomorrow how I feel). We have also used watermelon with great success. We used a sun tea container maybe 2 gallons? Oddly enough it even works in Jim Beam! Well at least I thought it did but I love me some Jim Beam lol. Moonshine done right with the fruit mix is the ticket IMO. Use a combo of strawberries, cherries or whatever you want. Wonder if grapes work???