Vogler Semen Center

Help Support Steer Planet:

woltemathangus

Anyone been to Vogler's to see whats there? I heard that both barns are jam-packed full! I haven't found any time to head up there. Also haven't found any free gas laying around...  (lol)

ploughshare

I have not been there, but their reputation is as good as Nichols.  I would believe your claim that they are jammed packed.

blackcows

If you are on Facebook they have a page that is updated with some of the bulls that are coming in.

hereford

They're also driving fresh collections an hour over to that new sexing technologies lab in Fullerton for sorting. We had one done there a while back and things are great so far!

justintime

Freddy said:
Very reliable outfit used them I know over 20 years and keep getting that good steady service ...

I'm sure they must be a good outfit or they would be out of business. Unfortunately, my experience with them was not quite as good. They shipped 300 doses of semen to Canada on a bull I had purchased the Canadian semen rights in, and I used some in a flush as soon as it arrived. We got no fertilized embryos. We had the semen checked and it was very, very poor quality,in fact, so low that they did not recommend it be used for breeding let alone flushing. The semen was thrown away and Vogler's collected another 300 straws whcih they told me was very high quality. The semen was shipped to Alta Genetics in Alberta, and this time, I had it checked on arrival by their lab. Again, the semen was not approved, and  several straws were checked with the same results. By this time, I have spent over $2000 in collection, export and shipping costs, and had nothing to show for it, so I was not real happy. The bull was taken from Voglers stud to KABSU where he was collected again. This time, I had the semen checked by KABSU and I also had semen sent to Penn State to be checked . It passed with flying colors and was shipped here.  I have no idea whether the problem was at Voglers or not but it was an expensive memory for me.