W/C Bankroll vs GEFF County O

Help Support Steer Planet:

wypeterson22

Anybody have opinions/experience using either of these two Loaded Up sons? If you have used both, is there one you prefer over the other and why? Just trying to get ready for spring breeding!

Bring on the pictures, thoughts, pros, cons etc.

As usual, thanks to everybody for giving their two cents.

WinterSpringsFarm

I have used Bankroll, and have a few more ET calves coming this spring.  I have not used County O yet, but plan to breed my donors to him this spring.

In my opinion County O is making the better calves.  They have a little longer and cleaner neck extension that comes out of the shoulders a little higher, and they appear to have more flank and shape in that rear third.  Also a big one for me is the head size and shape on the CO calves appears to be better.  I hate big jug heads.

wypeterson22

What have you thought of your bankroll calves? County O is putting out some truly incredibly heifers lately! Bankroll is sporting a big ol head on him, sounds like you've seen that in his calves as well?

WinterSpringsFarm

wypeterson22 said:
What have you thought of your bankroll calves? County O is putting out some truly incredibly heifers lately! Bankroll is sporting a big ol head on him, sounds like you've seen that in his calves as well?

I like them, they are cool and stylish.  Maybe not what I was picturing when I made the decision to breed the way I did.  I will know more when these ETs hit the ground.  The head size isn't horrible, but maybe not as small as I'd like it.  I've noticed most of the calves I've seen have the same shape and size well.

wypeterson22

WSF, what have you seen for birthweights out of Bankroll? Or anybody else that has experience using him.

jls1313

Attached is a Bankroll female we had last year out of a combustible cow. She was about 85lbs when born and has grown quite nicely. We had a full sib heifer to her a couple weeks ago that is sold brown/gray(hope it will turn black). She came around 80-85lbs unassisted and is doing great as well. Hope to get this years heifer sold this fall. Kept last years as a replacement. County O semen is quite a bit cheaper than Bankroll and you can get sexed county o from griswolds for $100/unit and I havent seen bankroll sell for less than $200/unit since last fall.

Attachments

• Wynonna 2.jpg
    Wynonna 2.jpg
    837.9 KB · Views: 182