WAGR Target 151Y

Help Support Steer Planet:

firesweepranch

We bought a heifer from Jeff miller who is sired by Target, and a half blood (dam is a Poca Creek cow). She is at best average. Very plain and flat, but I bet she goes on to make a great cow. Other Target calves I have seen never made it out of the pasture, same story.

Dale L

Thanks for the reply.  I was looking at some bred heifers the other day and the one I am leaning toward right now is a half blood sired by Target.  Just don't know much about him.  Also considering a half blood sired by an In Dew Time son.  Looking for something that will make a good cow and raise good calves with the possibility of breeding back to a pb like Grandmaster or Beefmaker for 3/4 blood replacements.  May look into breeding clubby in the future also for the kids fair calves.  Just not wanting to really get into the clubby stuff all the way but slowly build up to a herd of good solid cows that can raise big calves and produce competitive steers when bred clubby.  Hope that makes sense as I am often not good at typing what I am thinking. LOL!