waiting.....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Davis Shorthorns

I am just up waiting on my donor to calve.  She is 5 days late and I am starting to get worried.  She looked really close today at 4 but no closer when I went and checked at 10.  All my other cows have been late this year, but I am still worried.  <cowboy>

shortdawg

Put her in the chute and make sure all is turned the right way. I wish I had checked mine.

David

just had a war eagle bull calf born last friday. 2nd calf cow was due monday of that week. She had it know problem. Both years she has carried about 4 days later than due date. Might just be the cow. Good luck hope it works out

CPL

4 days late isn't anything to worry about at all. I could see with it being a donor how you could get anxious. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Davis Shorthorns

well the waiting is over.  She had a 83lb bull this morning.  He is a dark roan over most of his body with a white belly.  Bout as thick as you would want a baby calf to be.  We did have a problem with a older bull calf try to ride him.  We very quickly moved that cow and calf to another pasture.  I will get picts when I can.

braunvieh

Good for you! My donor cow calved just the other day and we were on pins and needles as she is 12 and going to be flushed after this. She had a heifer calf!!

littlemyron12

i got A SHORTHORN COW BREED to direct hit and she is a week late ...............should i be worried