Walkie Talkie/ Red Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

RankeCattleCo

All I've heard on Matt Lautner's blog on the 2011 born bull models is that Walkie Talkie is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Honestly, he looks small framed and doesn't have the bone and foot size then other 2012 born options like Gold Rush, Big Foot, etc.  Is anyone using him this season and on what type of cows?

Also, as I was paging through Lautner Farms semen catalog last year, I remember that Red Dirt and Red Bull were my two favorite.  They're both out of a Full Charge/Payback dam (Which I believe is Lery Brown's dam?) with Red Bull sired by Heat Wave and Red Dirt by Monopoly.  Now that I see Red Bull is double clean, I'm really fond of him.  What's everyone elses thoughts on him?

Thanks,
RCC

ATM OH

I always had interest in Red Bull after I had seen he was Double Clean.  Was kind of always afraid maybe it was a misprint.  If you really look through some of the semen catalogs there are always tons of misprints as far as TH-PHA status.  I'm pretty sure in this case it is not a misprint because I've seen it in several adds also.

Ohio1

If he's the best thing since sliced bread how's come 2 tone and hard whiskey beat him in the new bull poll on here

RankeCattleCo

Ohio1 said:
If he's the best thing since sliced bread how's come 2 tone and hard whiskey beat him in the new bull poll on here

That's what I'm saying... I flat out don't like him..
If you look at MLC's blog there's a post that says: "The best thing since sliced bread"  -Steerplanet

I NEVER SAID THAT. I SAID I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE IS PLAYING HIM UP TO BE LIKE THAT. 

Ohio1

Agree! I think they just say that because he's the best thing they got this year!

Ohio1

If you can't tell I like wades bulls a little more this year haha

RankeCattleCo

Oh yeah, me to, by a LANDSLIDE.  I think we could become friends... The only problem is that they're all rookies (Walks Alone, Doc, MAB, and One and Only being the exceptions..) and they don't really have a CE solution. (As far as first time calvers go)  I still am breeding our two show heifers to Mercedez Benz though...  ::)

mooch

RankeCattleCo said:
Ohio1 said:

That's what I'm saying... I flat out don't like him..
If you look at MLC's blog there's a post that says: "The best thing since sliced bread"  -Steerplanet

I NEVER SAID THAT. I SAID I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE IS PLAYING HIM UP TO BE LIKE THAT. 
So we ordered semen on him because you said, and I quote, " he is the greatest thing since sliced bread" and now you hate him?!

RankeCattleCo

ALL I'VE HEARD on Matt Lautner's blog on the 2011 born bull models is that Walkie Talkie is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And when I said.. If you look at MLC's blog there's a post that says: "The best thing since sliced bread"  -Steerplanet

I didn't say I liked him either times.  The first time, I was wondering why he was so played up, and in the second, I was wondering why he falsly put on the blog that some one on SP sid he was the "Best thing since sliced bread."

And I'm sure this part of it won't go on his blog...

JCattleCo

Uhhhh 1. Hard whiskey the new god named to imply Irish whiskey has whiskey so far back he's a maternal grandsire.
2.he has not frozen a straw of semen yet making him as valuble as a steer and if you like heifers to mature at 2 yrs old that's your own mngmt call.
3.goose is about as powerful of a cow as you can get and unless you know more than kroupa, he's got more cow power.
4. He's sired by all of your Rcc favorites, walks alone who is about as small framed as they come and a little rougher shouldered.
5.I remember walkie semen going for 75 on an auction to two tones 28...
I like all the bulls in this discussion and am personally breeding to two tone AND walkie... However just some facts to even the playedng field