walks alone heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

V-H

i have a walks alone heifer that is supper stout and correct. wondering what has been worken on him? thinken about carpie diem or breath easy

V-H

not sure may just go to a clean bull and not have to worry. has any one used gucci on heifers and any good ones???

Gargan

im pretty impressed with the Breathe Easy calves ive seen this fall. he is safe for hfrs and is TH and PHA free

GFC#22

jmo I-80 he is clean and his first calf crop is blowing things up!

vet tech

Im assuming her own BW was somewhat high? I worry about breeding her too clubby for a first calf although I would consider breath easy. I think the walks alones can be overpowering and sometimes too straight so I would keep that in mind. I have however I will be breeding this fall. Im going to through mine in with a deep bodies calving ease angus.

V-H

ya breath easy has been a pick of mine since the start, i was just tryen to touch bases with others and see whats worken for others. thickness and mass is not question with her. hopen with the breath easy will put a little more spine and frame to the off spring, i have another big pb main that is off a hotman that probaly put her to him also but she is alot bigger that the walks alone . thanx for all the info

<beer>

zak

First of all if you have a heifer that is sired by walks alone you need to go with a low Bw bull and if she is super stout you must go with a small Bw angus. Using a bull like carpe diem or breathe easy is a recipe for disaster. The heat wave line of genetics is not known to have the biggest pelvis either!

To many people try for a homerun on the first calf. Play it safe and you have a much better chance of having the cow for awhile.

Zak

KSanburg

I am reading this post with interest as I have a few One & Only and Tiger Woods heifers that I will be retaining this fall, they are clean as they are out of PB Hereford cows and they are both clean. So would Jake's Proud Jazz or one of his son's work or should I look more toward Angus as well. I have no problems using an Angus as there are some great options out there.

Also has anyone used the KCC Saginaw bull and what info can you pass on?

V-H

i understand u want to go low bw. what i read on the breath easy is  71 lbs is his bw and they sayen a true calven easy , i aslso know that the heat wave's are small in the pelvic area. i wounder if a I-80 at 61 lbs would be a better choice ??? or just go with a northern improvment angus at 50 55 lbs. i'm just picken brains to see if any one has had any issues with theses bulls

wyatt

carpe diem X anything clubby is disaster i got lucky at 110lbs out of my heifer im sticking to proven calving ease.. jmo but im not disapointed in the calf at all he added some frame to the cow wich was good. and the calf should make a good cow