walks alone heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

CJ_ROCHHOLZ

i have a walks alone and I'm thinking about keeping her as a breeding heifer how do walks alone do as cows?

hilbert

CJ_ROCHHOLZ said:
i have a walks alone and I'm thinking about keeping her as a breeding heifer how do walks alone do as cows?

[/quot the vet preged 40 head of heifers last fall. told him to tell me which ones had the smallest pelvises. there were two walkes alones in the group.they both cames right to the top. check her!

Warrior10

hilbert said:
CJ_ROCHHOLZ said:

[/quot the vet preged 40 head of heifers last fall. told him to tell me which ones had the smallest pelvises. there were two walkes alones in the group.they both cames right to the top. check her!
Just curious to what the other side of the pedigree was on the two heifers? And as stated, the first ones will calve this spring.

hilbert

hilbert said:
CJ_ROCHHOLZ said:

1 was a friction/full flush/ang the other was a meyer/angus

DakotaCow

ROMAX said:
His oldest heifers will be just starting to calve now for the first time.

He's an 08 model. Introduced in 09 first calves in 10 they would be bred in 11 and Calve in 12. This will be their second calf crop....those that rebred.

Bulldaddy

I calved out two Walks Alone first calf heifers back in August.  They did a good job raising their calves and are both bred back. 

hntwhitetail

I've calved out a couple of Carnac's.  They really make good mothers and raise good calves and breed back quick.  Hopefully walks does the same.