Walks Alone & I-80

Help Support Steer Planet:

husker1

Breeding a few of the Simmental and Sim-Angus cows trying for a few show steers for the kids...

A.I. tech has Walks Alone and I-80 in his tank.  Any thoughts on those 2 bulls?  I know Walks Alone is a carrier, and I-80 is clean.  Cows will be around the 6 frame with plenty of body.  I want to stay away from any monster calves and/or structure problems.

Thanks for any advice.

JCattleCo

For a steer id say walks alone easy. He'll add shape and make them a little shorter but won't have as much rib and will be straighter in his shoulder. Being a carrier will add bone also. I80 is more for carrier cows and making clean females IMO. Some people may disagree but that's my thoughts good luck!

gary89

husker1 said:
Breeding a few of the Simmental and Sim-Angus cows trying for a few show steers for the kids...

A.I. tech has Walks Alone and I-80 in his tank.  Any thoughts on those 2 bulls?  I know Walks Alone is a carrier, and I-80 is clean.  Cows will be around the 6 frame with plenty of body.  I want to stay away from any monster calves and/or structure problems.

Thanks for any advice.
I would definitely go with Walks Alone. I have seen outstanding calves by him out of simm x angus cows. If you saw the 2 bulls at stud this would be an easy decision.

chambero

I agree with Walks Alone over the other, but on my cows my biggest gripe with him is lack of bone in the rear legs.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
definitely WALK ALONE ,haven't used the other bull but WALK ALONE will make some nice calves out of straight ANGUS IMO,works great on Chars also ....Had a little birth issue on stout HooDoo flush , but on rest of cows easy sailiing ....