Walks Alone's first calves!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Tooker

plattevalleysimmentals said:
what are you asking price wise on those embryos you have by walks alone? thanks
After talking with Wade this weekend unfortunately they are no longer for sale! Sorry but, we are flushing that cow right now to HW! Sullivan's sold numerous high seller's out of this mating. I will PM a price on those to you!

sam1988

Just had a WA calf.  Pretty hard pull, still down, but alive!  I will post latter when/if he gets up.

sam1988

120 # bull calf out of full flush x maine cow.  good haired, but still down :'(

DTW

Double bred full flush may not help on that birthweight.
But with his breeding and width  i would say  have to use him on a smooth shouldered cow.  And with his breeding with f ull flush, draft pick and heat wave all are known to have birth weight issues.

Bulldaddy

That's a big calf for even a mature cow to have.  If he won't get up to nurse, I would give him some colosrum soon.  Either by bottle or tube.  Those big guys usually take a while to come around but I bet he makes it.

ZNT

sam1988 said:
Just had a WA calf.  Pretty hard pull, still down, but alive!  I will post latter when/if he gets up.

Sure sounds like HW's replacement to me. I couldn't help it!

jbw

Those Walks Alone pregnancies on the No Bull Sale look pretty cheap now!!!

mdb1985

Ty Webster had a nice steer at the Expo that I believe I heard was a Walks Alone

DTW

Walks alone is not a double bred full flush.  He is a heat wave out of a f ull flush draft pick cow.  The calf that apparently just died was a walks alone out of a full flush cow making that baby a double bred full flush.

Ty websters calf is not and can not be a walks alone calf.  First calves being born this spring.  It could be one of the full sibs to walks alone.  I saw two of them last fall.

Bone2011

sam1988 said:
my WA calf just joined the list of great ones (he died)  :(
I swear more great ones die than live! About a week ago we had a great one, in the words of Kroupa " That one was breathtaking, he was so good he forgot to take a breath"