Wanted: TH and PHA free steer for National Western

Help Support Steer Planet:

BIGTEX

I  need a TH and PHA free steer. I want him to have 80 lb or under BW. I don't want to recognize any bloodlines on the pedigree. Oh yea I also want to win the National Western. No hair please, I don't want to put the time to have great hair. I also have a 30 acre pen per calf, is this to big? Must be allergic to all show additives because we never use anything but pasture to feed our show animals. On his dams side, she has to have a calf every year (Even if the calves are awful). Remember no genetic defects and I want to win. Phone not ringing? Still not ringing.

ELBEE

Don't laugh, I'm taking this very seriouslly. I maybe putting my private parts in a clothes ringer here. But you described our herd, except someone will recognize Gizmo, Deerpark Improver 3rd, WO Dividend 3J, and Coronet Max Leader 2cnd.

My moto: Stand in the middle of the road, and you'll get run over by the traffic from both directions!

And "spell-chcheck's" AWOL again.

Other wise good luck with your hunt!  (thumbsup)

DL

Sorry BT - just sold a steer that would have fit your bill - pity!

justintime

Have I got a deal for you!  I have a steer that should fit the bill!  He weighed 55 lb at birth, probably because he was born premature and hardly had hair when he was born. Since then he has grown some hair, but it is still short, and quite fine. His pedigree might as well be Greek... as it contains as many no- name animals as I have ever seen in a pedigree. Oh by the way, he only has one eye, but the show side is good..,... and he only had one nut.... the reason he is a steer. He has a little stripe in his hair coat but a few minutes with some hair dye will  fix that issue. Other than that he is kinda cute. As for winning the National Western, that will have to be your job. You have some time to lobby to get the judge of your choice nominated as it will be 2010 at the earliest before this little guy will be big enough to show at the National Western. That should be plenty of time for you to payoff the judge with enough coin to guarantee that you will win! When do you want him delivered???

BIGTEX

DL said:
Sorry BT - just sold a steer that would have fit your bill - pity!

Let us know when he wins a major. Think what you could sell your calves then.

aj

I guess us commercial type , lowlifes have been put in our place again. ;D I stand humbly corrected again.

Telos

BIGTEX. When the officials go back to school and learn "Form follows Function"...That will be when you will need that kind of steer. Until that time, try to find the right kind of steer for maybe Houston. Will we ever see a "slick" win Denver?

In the mean time, I might have a steer for you. The only problem he's out of a well known clubby bull. He weighed over 105lbs. at birth and was born sixteen days early. He has real good fuzzy hair and probably a TH carrier with big hairy legs. Dam also has been a consistent producer. Another minor problem is that he appears to like all the supplies in my show box and has shown no signs of being allergic. He will be in his prime for the NWSS. You might want to think about hiring a good fitter in order to make him look his best with all that hair.

red

probably way too far for you. I have a Triple X out of a Foreplay cow. Clean by pedigree. Slick haired & red. Was 75 pounds at birth. Born 1/8/08.
Too bad in Ohio!

Red

Telos

Dang Red. Sounds like a real a "real world" problem. I'll bet you won't even need too supplement him with additives to help keep him sound either.

I remember having a conversation with Kroupa in South Dakota some years ago. Believe it or not, he tried to discourage me from investing in any kind of clubby program. He was very convincing and explained that it was strictly a numbers game, with a producer needing a large inventory of cows in order to get a few good show calves at best.  He also assured me there were more genetic defects then I could shake a stick at. I will always have a great deal of respect and consider Kroupa an honorable man.

simtal

a slick haired steer in january, in cold climate is not a good thing.

cattle need to have hair, but need to shed it when its hot.

red

simtal said:
a slick haired steer in january, in cold climate is not a good thing.

cattle need to have hair, but need to shed it when its hot.

He'll probably have hair this winter. Just doesn't have it now.

Telos- he's really come on. I'm surprised he's a larger frame that first thought. No structure problems. Am hoping to still find a good home for him for an early fair.

Red

Show Heifer

Sounds like your looking for a "real world commercial steer".....steer jocks don't know how to take care of them. 
Too bad. They might actually learn how to care for cattle.