wanting a sim-angus...what to breed to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

nobody

We have a pb simmi heifer and would like to breed her to an angus bull to get a 1/2 blood show prospect. She's pretty moderate in her frame,deep flanked,alot of rib shape. She needs to be cleaned up through her brisket and neck and she falls off behind her shoulders a tick.She needs something a bit more maternal.What would be a good match..I've seen a few people mention silveiras style. She is a first calf heifer would he be ok to use on her, she is moderate sized but muscled up and stout. I don't have a good enough pic that shows her front end or I would post one..thanks.

husker1

The page that I looked at showed Style as a 2.1 on birth...which would be considered marginal to use on a heifer in alot of circles...Though is would be a swell mating for this purpose.

Two proven heifer bulls that we've had great luck with are SAV Final Answer & SAV Bismarck...some of our best heifers are 1/2 bloods by these bulls.  Yes, show quality as well, with cow power bred in from the sire side as well.

Consider SAV Pioneer also, though he has a touch more birth.

These bulls probably won't be the first considered by many to make show prospects, but I've got proof right out my back door that they will work in this scenario.

JWW

Duff New Edition, Eagle eye, Lut ( expensive semen), to name a few... Style is marginal for BW heifers... i use him on certain heifers in my operation but mostly reserve him for cows....if you want to get a for sure good calf and add maternal input and have calving ease use OCC Magnitude - may not be a super showy heifer but will be a live calf that will grow and be respectable... I have not seen any Tifecta calves yet but surely would like to before i pass judgement..but the bull looks cool

JWW

Latest posts