WARNING about posting Facebook pictures of your cattle!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

sccattle

bart said:
Nothing would surprise me that they do! I bought one from them  and that ended it for for me.  And he went to the salebarn. They do alot of talking and don't raise anything! Everyone around these parts know them and know how they are and what they are doing. Sorry about your pic being stolen. Most of us around central Texas know what the truth is.
Well i am truly sorry the calf you purchased didnt turn out and he had to go to the sale barn. Every breeder wants there calves to win but they dont.
As for your information we raise 30 to 40 head of our own and purchase the others from friends and other sales, we also take calves from other breeders and sell them on consignment.

sccattle

SKF said:
coyote said:
I wonder if it could be possible that someone hacked his web site and put that picture up?

I would love to believe that but that was not the case. When a couple of different people contacted him about the calf just to see what his response would be he tried to sell the calf. He even knew who the sire was because I had that listed on Facebook the only he got wrong was the age by one month. So this was no accident or someone hacked his web site. He was very well aware of it and then even changed his story to say he was selling it for someone else and the name he gave he was selling it for was not mine. Bottom line his he never had my permission to use my picture and he had every intent on scamming potential customers. Hope he learned a lesson and will try to be honest next time he tries selling a calf.
That the issue here i wasnt trying to sell your calf, im selling mine,
Your not the only person out there that has used ther bull Walks Alone and there are alot of heifers born in the fall. I just posted the wrong pic and that was my mistake

sccattle

So lets sum this all up. I apologize for mistakenly posting a picture of your baby calf.
These forums are a good place to talk but posting things about people that cant defend their self is wrong also. You have done your very best to make me out to be a Liar and a scam-er. All of this could have been avoided if you would have said ....hay that's my heifer. and you didn't.
You can say you did and you will be a Liar!!!!!!!
Our goal is to sell good cattle to great families. Ive been selling them for over 20 years. And your comments are not going to affect that .
Not every calf turns out to be a county fair or state fair champion and allot become cripple and have to be sold at a sale barn but i have never heard of anyone intentionally selling one that they knew would turn out that way.
You schould never buy calves with out looking at them with your own eyes first.

I will not reply to any more of your negative post. Your are more than welcome to call me and we can discuss futher I'm sure you have my number.

J2F

" but posting things about people that cant defend their self is wrong"

call me wacky but did you not just "defend" yourself? it is all right here to see, accusations and public feed back. Mistakes have consequences. In the old days and still today this would go around the rumor mill and chances are you wouldn't even know until it was to late. The thing about this site is most people names are on it, you could track a phone # down if you wanted to talk with someone or just PM them, this is not one of those sites that you have no ideal who farmboy1 is and they just trash talk everyone behind a user name.   

rackranch

I have purchased one steer from Jerald and got him at a very good price out of his sale.  The steer went on to win heavy weight champion at our very competitive county.  I have to admit when I read this post and saw who was involved it shocked me.  I have never had nothing but good experiences with Jerald and have seen him go out of his way in the barn to help other Families.  I don't know what to say about the heifer picture that started this thread but I do know what I have seen from Jerald and his wife.

Every time a thread like this comes up it always seems like there are people on both sides of the fence.  I guess that is natural because there are those who are hurt and those who have had good experiences.  I hope this was an honest mistake on his part and that everyone can move on with honesty and integrity. 

Walker 

Sly

I too have dealt with jerald and he is a straight shooter. Have been sending calves down to him for the past 2 years.  Sounds like a accident.  or a mistake.  But I dont think u have to worry about sccattle being a fraud.  You can call me if u have any questions 5807891729

Status
Not open for further replies.