Warrant(Heat Wave Son)

Help Support Steer Planet:

herefordfootball

I was wondering what everyone thought of Warrant? What are your experiences with him if you've used him? Calving troubles? How do the calves look? How do they mature? What types of cows does he seem to work on? How have his calves been doing in the showring? How do the females preform in the pasture? Or if you've raised his calves, how do they feed? Gain good? Thanks!!!

Edit: Has anyone seen him in person? If so, whats your opinion? Link to ad: http://www.theshowcircuit.com/SireDirectory/2010/Warrant.pdf

advocate

He breeds kind of common up front really long bodied an big middled super sound just plainer a little flatter muscled than heatwave but killer bone and hair on the ones I've seen. Have not seen one as a fatsteer though

herefordfootball

Thanks!!! How do you think he'd work compared to Sunseeker on a cow needing bone and thickness. She has a great front end and length of body with excellent lines. She moves pretty decent too. I need something to add big time bone and thickness and mabye a little frame.

So what does everyone think on that one? Sunseeker or  Warrant? Thanks again!!! :)

CAB

Remember that he is a double carrier. I have seen a couple of really good fats out of him. The steer that won the Ray McDermott memorial both days last year was a Warrant. Dunk says that he works best on Chi X cows. We havea heifer calf by him out of a Bold Statement cow that is what I call a near miss. She's super good but is deformed on both of her back paterns. Almost breaks over the sides on them.

herefordfootball

We're ok with the double dirty thing. The cow is th and pha free. Do you have pics of your heifer CAB? What kind of cow was she out of? If you could email a pic of her, i'd appreciate it. The cow we'd use him on is pretty good on her pasterns.

CAB

I don't have a picture of her. I'm not techy @ all, but I will see if I can't get a picture of her soon. The cow is moderate frame size and just a good solid soggy cow. This is only her second calf. We kept her 1st calf by Dirty Harry as a clean up bull. I think that in this case that the pastern thing was more of a deformaty than a structural inherited deal, but maybe I'm just making excuses too. I have heard of some questioning the structure of Bold Statement. This cow is 100% sound though. Brent

Show Steaks

seen some good ones by him, heard he was hard calving and calves stay fairly moderate... tons of bone and hairy look schweet!

DakotaCow

I love my warrant calves, so far no structure issues but then again they are just calves. Dunk suggests him on smaller framed cattle. I accidently missed that point and used him on my larger cows. I like him on char cross cows and think he can soften up a harsh cow. I am using him again this year.

farmboy

I've always liked the bull, never used or seen calves. But have heard good things. for your situation, keep it Sunny

showgoer

Calved some, fed some, and showed some.  I've seen the bull mature as well.  Will give the cow a shot of thinkness and bone with a nice soggy look.  Hair...might as well be a yak.  Cons: cow better have a nice front end and be sound.  Like a lot of the clubbies, he can make one sound on a sound cow but you could have a wreak if she is questionable.  I wouldn't use him on heifers but haven't had trouble on mature cows (if they aren't stout when they come out, they'll never be!)  The biggest plus for me is the way they feed and show.  Hair, hair, hair and a great disposition.  They go hard at the feedbunk and I've had to hold them back from gaining too much.  It's nice being able to go to a show when the other calves won't eat or drink and you throw a quarter bale of hay in front of them and they look full.

showsteerdlux

I've got a friend to bred him to a purebred hereford heifer. Yes a heifer, but she is pretty big, so hopefully it will work. Will let you know in september how it turns out.

herefordfootball

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences everyone. Especially showgoer. We are definitely going to use him on our Hannibal cow. She moves good and has a great front end, so this sounds like it'll work. :)