Wavy hair

Help Support Steer Planet:

obie105

We have Herefords so we have some bad hair from time to time. After washing I will actually comb it strait down then go back and comb it forward before blowing. As I am combing if anything wants to curl I may pull that part down then forward again. Then I blow completely dry working the hair as I go. It seems to help. Don't let them air dry or it can make the waves worse. I have also noticed that if you can clip them tight and work it as it grows back that helps too. Hope some of this helps.

nmcattle

Sullivan has a product called wave tamer. I haven't tried it but have friends that have. I also agree with obie, brush down first, then forward. Using sheen regular and conditioners seems to help also. Good luck.

tcf

Lusters Pink/Weaver Pro Pink and a blower. Lay that stuff in their heavy and keep blowing on it. Comb every now and then. This is how we train our Hereford hair. It works the best from all we have tried. You can't get to much in because that stuff is so light it will just blow out.

Bi-Lane Livestock

obie105 said:
We have Herefords so we have some bad hair from time to time. After washing I will actually comb it strait down then go back and comb it forward before blowing. As I am combing if anything wants to curl I may pull that part down then forward again. Then I blow completely dry working the hair as I go. It seems to help. Don't let them air dry or it can make the waves worse. I have also noticed that if you can clip them tight and work it as it grows back that helps too. Hope some of this helps.
Agree....also add about 10-15% Infusion into your daily hair care product.  You can find it at the grocery store in hair care section typically in hair care products for different ethnicities. 

simba

Great info in all the above posts. Another thing you can do if you have time and it's not too cold is slick the animal out (except for the legs, tailhead and poll) and then work the hair every day. By brushing, combing, blowing and  conditioning (my favorite is Lustres Pink Sheen Spray, as already mentioned) the hair as it grows you'll train it to lay & grow straight. Works like a charm, it will look naturally straight. Good luck!

renegadelivestock

bruch the hair straight down, then forsward, then blow staright forward until completely dry. the blow in half armourall,have showsheen, and blow blow blow blow blow.

paj315

I agree comb straight down then brush straight down the comb at a 45 degree angle then cb straight forward then blow dry. When they are completely dry we blow a mixture of sheen and Sullivan's hair linament in and comb in the desired direction. May sound like over kill but it works well on our Hereford show calves .