Wayne calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

Here is a bull calf sired by our herd sire "Wayne" who is 2 1/2 years old.. The calf is out of a aftershock cow. Wayne is a Irish Whiskey x Draft Pick. He is a pha carrier and bc of that he is for sale. This is just one of his calves. The pic. is not the best but this calf is super thick.

Attachments

• calves 051.jpg
    calves 051.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 478

vet tech

Here are some pictures of "Wayne" he is a pha carrier,thats why we are selling him, but we could not be any happier with his calf crop. He is moderate calving ease and is super sound. He is 2 1/2 years old. Contact for information ([email protected]) He is a Irish Whiskey x Draft Pick.  Pics. 1-4 are Wayne. Picture 5 is daughter of his out of a Meyer 734 heifer.

Attachments

• bull pictures 022.jpg
    bull pictures 022.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 348
  • bull pictures 016.jpg
    bull pictures 016.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 337
  • bull pictures 023.jpg
    bull pictures 023.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 348
  • bull pictures 026.jpg
    bull pictures 026.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 330
  • bull pictures 005.jpg
    bull pictures 005.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 333

vet tech

showsteerdlux said:
What is average bw?
The largest calf this year was a 98 pound bull calf out of a heatwave cow. The average was around 84-85 pounds. Every heifer calf we had from this bull were under 70 pounds. He produced 18 calves for us this year and they keep gatting better with age. I wouldn't use him on heifers but he hasn't thrown any monsters...like I said biggest was a 98 pound BULL calf out of a HETWAVE cow.

knabe

perhaps it's just me, but that bull has a decent set to his hock for an irish whiskey/draft pick.  also a nice tie in on his shoulder point and is not open fronted.  better get those females tested if you have any.  how clean made are the calves skin wise up front?  for me, draft picks are leathery.  this bull and calves have no break behind the withers.  i know i'll get raked for this, but if i got some nice heifers out of him that were clean, i would keep him and consider the rest terminall.  also would look at which way feet are pointed as some of the direct draft picks i've seen, including mine, are splay footed up front and kinda stiff on one diagonal.