weather in SW Nebraska

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

Hubby is leaving to go hunting(YIPPEEEE) I mean I am going to miss him, tomorrow. What is it supposed to be like there. I need to know what to pack. Cowboy he will be in your neck of the woods. Frostie

justme

I seen the North Platte area is getting hammered with wind and snow...hope he misses that...

Oh Frostie...you'll be so lonely (lol) <party>

jimmyski

Frostback,
We are in NW Kansas, so pretty close, I'm only an hour or so from Cowboy. We're extremely wet right now. We've been getting rain for last 3 days and that turned into snow overnight. Plus, as you know the wind can sure blow out here and it has been blowing pretty hard for about the last 3 days as well. Just a quick update on what the weather's like out here.

Jim

shorthorngirl2010

well, according to the radio stations, is SUPPOSED to stop raining/ snowing this evening with winds starting to die down as the system should be moving out.  snow amounts are supposed to average 1-4" and temps are supposed to rebound back into the 50's and 60's over the weekind, so... it should be clearing!! yay! (clapping)

Cowboy

About now -- it is 40 degres outside, windy but not quite as bad as yesterday. Recieved a couple inches of snow overnight, but is all but gone now.

Wet is not quite the accurate discription here -- can we say MUD sucks???

Friday and onward show promise of some more nice fall weather around us -- from 50's and 60's days to uper 20's nights.

Frosty -- I would assume he is coming to go either duck/goose hunting or for pheasants?? PLenty of them all here this year --

Wanted to try and find us a place to look for deer this year close to home, but like most other places now -- the new era is to LEASE your ranch/farm and have a couple dozen paying city folks come and tramp around instead of letting the folks you know -- and who take care of thier land as they would any one elses - come to hunt and enjoy what they most likely helped raise (Crop intrusions etc)

Bottom line -- hunting has gotten commercialized just like wall street and most everything else. It's all about the money now .

Goose and Pheasant hunting has and always will be a great sport -- and are two of the wildlife species  that you MUST travel to get to the desired population areas. I am glad for your hubby -- it is indeed a great weekend retreat.

Take care all -- looks as though we missed the big one this time, but this may well be a winter of which memories are once again made!!! Remember the 60's???? Growing up in MInnesota was a challenge -- I can remeber the 8 foot high walls on both sides of the road after a big storm came thru and they plowed the roads with the blowers!! Wow, we used to spend weeks digging caves just for fun!! Don't miss that too much today!

Terry

Show Heifer

You just have to know the right people cowboy. We do not lease our ground, in fact, despise the people that do. And yes everyone, we have very huntable ground.....I took an 18 pointer, a friend took a 21 pointer, many 12 pointers, and have seen several wall hangers around this year. We hate the deer, but have rules to hunt on our ground. But no money is involved.
Maybe you need to try sweet talking cowboy, that surely works.

Cowboy

SWEET TALK ??  Holy crud -- never heard that before.

Meybe that is what it is called in Iowa, but out here, most of the time it is called "Kissing Gltuteous Maximus", and for those that know me, that is one area I don't kiss - period.

Just seems the general thinking of everyone has changed since I was growing up, we just had to go and ask the nieghbors, or for that matter, just drive into a farms drive way and have a talk -- prove you were not a hoodlum, and most of the folks would sure welcome you -- because they also knew if they needed sometihng, we'd do that very same thing. Today it seems everyone feels you are there to take sometihng, or get them some how -- law suits and all that. I still feel that if you are dumb enough to get hurt on some one's place, and it's your fault, how is it  that every one wants to sue the poor rancher or farmer??

That is most likely the very real reason we can't hardly hunt close to home any more -- every one is flat scared of what could happen.

If I ever get up your way Jen,. I will come by and SWEET TALK ya -- would love to sit in one of your trees!

Take care -- and smile!

Terry