Weather!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Just wondering how the weather is in your neck of the woods? what's the outlook for Denver? Anyone going to ski there besides the show?

It's wet here! We had lots of rain yesterday. So much our plumbing backed up, YUCK! It was 60 yesterday but a cold front came through & it's 40 today. I took some pictures of the creek that runs along back of us, it's part of the Scioto River.

Red

Attachments

• 100_1758.jpg
    100_1758.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 100_1759.jpg
    100_1759.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 277

frostback

Well here in Colorado right now its nice. Been in the high 30s to low 40s and should do that till the end of the week anyway. Its been snowing in the mountains, they are supposed to get a foot or more today again. Not sure the long range outlook for Denver yet, when I do I will post.

Jill

It was 65 on Monday, 45 yesterday with rain and it is 33 now I just wish the weather would stabilize 65 was really nice but it is really hard on the calves to have that kind of variance.

showsteerdlux

Here in NC its about fifty and its been windy on and off. Supposed to rain tomorrow and I hope it does because we are in a bad drought. Pastures are dried out though so that makes for easier feeding.

TJ

Funnel clouds & tornado warnings here yesterday.  Lots of flooding in low lying areas too.

Todays not too bad.  Mostly sunny & it's supposed to be around 50 this afternoon.   

chambero

Way too dry again.  A grass fire missed one of our places with heifers by about half a mile Sunday.  Burned about 5,000 acres.  We sat all afternoon with our heifers called to the gate ready to let them out on the road if the wind changed directions.

Rocky Hill Simmental

In Southeast MO December was wet. We got a lot of rain and it snowed once. January started out cold enough that the ground was froze. Then it got warm again and started raining once more.

On New Years day it snowed a little but didn't stick.

The sky is making up for the lack of rain in the summer, I bet.  ;) Luckly after it froze and thawed again, the mud wasn't quite as deep as it was before.

red

here is what else happened overnight. Tree was almost 20 years old.

Red

Attachments

• 100_1762.jpg
    100_1762.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 184

dutch pride

Record highs in Michigan on Monday. It was 65 at 5:30 AM when I left for work. Has cooled off a lot since then, around 40 right now. Had quite a bit of rain as well. Ground is still mostly froze but snow is all gone except for where it was plowed and pushed up in piles. I wish it would just stay around 30 and sunny until spring. Ground froze so you don,t have to deal with the mud but cold enough to keep the cattle (and humans) healthy.

DLZ