Web sites....

Help Support Steer Planet:

JSchroeder

Their stated price is $250, do they quote something different?  The $250 is on the same page as their bogus "Showsteers.com  pages are viewed over 150,000 times each month. No other site comes close to that figure." claim that's been up for half a decade now.

That link and EDJE are the only two links I would consider paying for if I were just starting out.  EDJE should certainly be higher on the list, I just said SS because the poster said they were looking into having a site designed by them.  The only real benefit to using SS is the traffic from being listed there, their site designs are simple at best.  It's definitely a racket regardless of who you buy a link from and is a big difference between the "cattle Internet" and the real Internet where that kind of thing is typically discouraged.

DL

afhm said:
You read right DL.  What changed your mind about RHD if I remember correctly you were one of the ones who very strongly disagreed with me about their bull ads (Red Headed Stepchild and others) earlier?  I thought a link to Showsteers was only $250/year, maybe it has gone up.

afhm - I thought the red headed step child ad was stupid (did you like or dislike it ? can't remember) - but most everyone else thought it was cute so I stopped talking about it  ;D- I get real annoyed when I see an ad for a bull with all this hype but NOWHERE is the sire or the dam!

I thought I remembered Becky telling me it was more than that - but looks like lmy memory is fading - I will blame the heat and humidity!

justme

I use edje for my business and would HIGHLY reccomend them.  My updates are usually done the same day.  They offer suggestions, and I do too, it works great.  I've put banners on www.clubcalves.com and have had success there too. 

afhm

I hate that ad.  I want  to see a bull/cow, if their sire/dam isn't well know I would like to see pics of them or atleast a listing along with their th/pha status so I don't breed carrieres to carriers.  If they have sired winers I want to see that.  I like simple things for the most part and don't need to see a kid picking his nose, and other tacky things.  Glad to know you and I finally agree on something DL.

Show Dad

OHB - Just another suggestion. Give plenty of info with the pictures and video. Like date and age of the animal when the picture was taken. If you have an elite specimen then include weight and height info too. Also, eligibility for breed registration info and the like.

You have to separate yourself from the crowd. 8)

DL

afhm said:
I hate that ad.  I want  to see a bull/cow, if their sire/dam isn't well know I would like to see pics of them or atleast a listing along with their th/pha status so I don't breed carrieres to carriers.  If they have sired winers I want to see that.  I like simple things for the most part and don't need to see a kid picking his nose, and other tacky things.  Glad to know you and I finally agree on something DL.

Will wonders never cease! hip hip hurrah (clapping) (clapping)

Latest posts