What a night..

Help Support Steer Planet:

AndersenClubCalves

Well it was all goin pretty good until my show heifer went into labor tonight. shes was bred to rocky balboa and with that sixty pound birth weight we have nothing to worry about Right? Yeah wrong. Cant say Mandy( Thats the heifers name) is very skinny infact she might be a little to fat, but its not her fault shes just an easy keeper. Anyways about an hour and half a pushing and we dont even have a foot out so we get the puller out and hook on to this little shit and jerked her out.Had an nice not so little heifer calf out of  Rocky balboa X Smokin Joe. Ill post pics somtime tomorrow. (clapping)

ruhtram

Glad you trusted your instinct and got yourself a live calf!!  (clapping) Looking forward to pics.

crushertown

YOU GOT TO LEARN REALLY QUICK TO BREED THEM SHOW HIEFERS TO A LOW BIRTH ANGUS PERIOD.  LIKE THEY ALL SAY A LIVE ONE IS BETTER THAN A DIED ONE.

crushertown

LOL THATS WHY I SAID A LOW BIRTH WEIGHT ANGUS.  EXAMPLE  EXT 205, 6I6, IN FOCUS.  ALL HAVE A NEGATIVE EPD BW AND A HIGH POSITIVE CED

Cattledog

crushertown said:
LOL THATS WHY I SAID A LOW BIRTH WEIGHT ANGUS.  EXAMPLE  EXT 205, 6I6, IN FOCUS.  ALL HAVE A NEGATIVE EPD BW AND A HIGH POSITIVE CED

I agree but turn your caps lock key off!  All of this screaming is making my head hurt!  ;)

Oats

Did you get a birthweight? I've had one 87lb unassisted out of a heifer and one dead out of a cow. I've got two heifers to go.

AndersenClubCalves

Oats said:
Did you get a birthweight? I've had one 87lb unassisted out of a heifer and one dead out of a cow. I've got two heifers to go.

Shes 88lbs i think she probably could have had the calf if she wouldnt have been so fat next year she might haver to go on diet before she calves. lol

Oats

Had third calf out him out of a big three year old first calf heifer. Pulled it at 4 am  was wishing I had bought a jack. 105 lb bull calf but everyone is doing good. Got one more to go hopefully a lot smaller.

Bradenh

crushertown said:
YOU GOT TO LEARN REALLY QUICK TO BREED THEM SHOW HIEFERS TO A LOW BIRTH ANGUS PERIOD.  LIKE THEY ALL SAY A LIVE ONE IS BETTER THAN A DIED ONE.
or a jersey. there arent hardly any heavy weight jersey calves.. . . hard to do a cow calf pair in a show however with a jersey calf at side. but if you just want to show her bred and keep her fat. cant go wrong with it

flacowman

or Doc Silver, the number 1 calving ease Charolais bull with awesome growth numbers to top it off

kidsandkows

congrats on getting a live one. sometimes it's just luck I lost a calf out of a first calf heifer last week that was bred to my calving ease angus bull, i had never pulled a calf out of that bull. But this was a 90 lb bull calf, and this heifer never would have had him. I am lucky I did not lose her. I guess it just goes to show that the mama's are half of the genetics. I should have paid closer attention and pulled that calf sooner too!