What are Easter plans?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Just curious on what everyone is doing for Easter this year. It seems so strange for it too be this early.

We've going to church in the morning for a pancake breakfast & then church service. After that we'll come home pick up Woody & go to my parents in Springfield. With the condition of my dad deteriorating rapidly any time spent w/ them is precious.

What are your plans?

chambero

I'm a Catholic married to a Baptist, so we usually wind up going to both churches in the morning. 

But my dad comes from a huge family (7 brothers and sisters).  We still have the largest family easter egg hunt on his side you've ever seen.  We don't ever see my cousins anymore except at the easter egg hunt.  Of course its grandkids and great grandkids now.  But attendance is pretty much mandatory.  Some years when everyone shows there are probably 100-200 kids running around.

It's something of a "white trash" gathering.  There are so many divorces now its hard to keep up with new wives, step kids, etc.  My dad did not come from a well off family and most of my first cousins probably averaged 3 divorces each.  I was the first of probably 50 grandkids to graduate from college.  We look at some distant cousins and think we can't be related to those people.  Our boys get an education at these things sometimes.

red

chambero said:
I'm a Catholic married to a Baptist, so we usually wind up going to both churches in the morning. 

But my dad comes from a huge family (7 brothers and sisters).  We still have the largest family easter egg hunt on his side you've ever seen.  We don't ever see my cousins anymore except at the easter egg hunt.  Of course its grandkids and great grandkids now.  But attendance is pretty much mandatory.  Some years when everyone shows there are probably 100-200 kids running around.

It's something of a "white trash" gathering.  There are so many divorces now its hard to keep up with new wives, step kids, etc.  My dad did not come from a well off family and most of my first cousins probably averaged 3 divorces each.  I was the first of probably 50 grandkids to graduate from college.  We look at some distant cousins and think we can't be related to those people.  Our boys get an education at these things sometimes.

wow chambero! Sounds like a rip, rolling good time! Bet the food is good too!

Red

justme

Easter is so early this year and we've been so busy I almost forgot about it!!!  I better get hold of the Easter Bunny to get some goodies gathered together.  Hopefully the weather will be nice and we have lots of baby calves! lol  Just gonna enjoy the family and get some more work done.

Dusty

chambero said:

I come from a family kinda like that.  It's the family gatherings though that make me realize no matter how messed up I am, I'm still pretty darn normal!  Although there is usually a pretty good potluck dinner involved, you've never seen so many different kinds of Jello salad.

I've got some distant cousins that I wish I wasn't related to either, but I've also got a few cousins that I wish I wasn't related to for entirely different reason!! LOL

chambero

Dusty said:
I've got some distant cousins that I wish I wasn't related to either, but I've also got a few cousins that I wish I wasn't related to for entirely different reason!! LOL

I've only got a few of those, but they are truly nuts.

dutch pride

We are having a breakfast at church and then a combined service with both our traditional and comptemporay worships style groups. My nephew is officially joining our congregation (baptism and profesion of faith) at the Easter service. Having family and friends over to our house after for a celebration!!! We seem to have most of the family gatherings from the wifes side at our house as it is the largest place of any. Sould be a joyous day. I always enjoy Easter. As a Christian it is the most important holiday of all!!!!!  Victory of death and Satan!!!

DLZ

steermaker

Dutch Pride you couldn't be more right!!  Our Easter day will definitely be hectic.  Sunrise service in the morning with the youth group leading the service, our 17 year old is delivering the message for that service.  During our normal worship service that morning our choir and drama team are performing a musical and then doing it again for an evening service.  This will be first year that my family will be going out for Easter dinner.  With my sister, brother-in-law, wife, daughter and I all involved in the musical performance, there is no one "left" to cook.

Even more so than at Christmas, remember the reason for this Easter season.

Be safe.

showgirl2010

Well, I am going to head to TN tomorrow for a cattle sale.  Get home late sat. and go to sunrise service on Sunday then end up going to both grandparents and being home for feeding time.

Jamie