what are everyones favorite supplements?

Help Support Steer Planet:

showgirl

I've been looking into supplements 2 play around with...Must be name brand...
...NO HAIR SUPPLEMENTS, just muscle supplements....
...I know theres some good ones out there just want
  to know everyones experience with diffrent kinds..

red

Show Bloom or calf manna  are both good products. I also liked a product that consisted of corn oil & cherry flavoring. At a low rate it added shine.

Red

austin

Show Bloom has helped me out the most. Not too much gain all at once like others on the market.

showgirl

yall use calf mana as a muscle supplement? I've always used that to get hair not muscle...

austin

showgirl said:
yall use calf mana as a muscle supplement? I've always used that to get hair not muscle...

It does that also:

"Results from using the product include appetite stimulation, increased feed intake, increased hair growth with more sheen and luster to the hair, and improved performance in breeding cattle."

showgirl

has anybody used purinas new supplements chamion drive or power fuel?

kanshow

What about some of the racitophine (sp?) products??    Oxy Explosion & ???

austin

I've used oxy in the past and had mixed results. At times, it worked fine; other times -  too much weight, too fast.  ???

BCCC

There isnt very many muscle supplements out there that are actually wortha hoot. Theres Opti-flex, show flex, Sunglos Show cattle Explosion, and Zilamax. Make sure you increase the fat in their ration when starting to feed it otherwise you will burn off all their finish.

showgirl

I was quite impressed with sunglos explosion last year but my steer allready was naturally thick..we were useing it to get some more weight on him...
have you used opti-flex >show flex> whats Zilamax??

BCCC said:
There isnt very many muscle supplements out there that are actually wortha hoot. Theres Opti-flex, show flex, Sunglos Show cattle Explosion, and Zilamax. Make sure you increase the fat in their ration when starting to feed it otherwise you will burn off all their finish.

BCCC

showgirl said:
I was quite impressed with sunglos explosion last year but my steer allready was naturally thick..we were useing it to get some more weight on him...
have you used opti-flex >show flex> whats Zilamax??

BCCC said:
Nope I havent tried any of them.

renegade

Ya, I think for the one of the steers (and maybe that heifer) I will need something to give them a little boost in the hind quater to give them a better and more balanced look if anyone has a product for that

eskie

I use the champion drive and the powere fuel and really like them. The power fuel is like full bloom will put on the fat and shine that coat of hair up good. I use that towards the end. Good luck with what you use.

showgirl

what kind of results did you get with them?? How heavy/old was the calf when you started to use champion drive? How heavy/close to the end did you use power fuel?

eskie said:
I use the champion drive and the powere fuel and really like them. The power fuel is like full bloom will put on the fat and shine that coat of hair up good. I use that towards the end. Good luck with what you use.

eskie

When we got the steer he was on it, he was about 450 and now 700 will use the champion drive all the way threw. The power fuel we use couple weeks before we show but could put on to much fat I think if use to much . Will let you know more as we use the power fuel.

simtal

from what I've seen, Zilmax is the real deal.  It is the only additive that puts on muscle that the eye can see.  Optaflexx doesn't really change an animal's too much.

austin

simtal said:
from what I've seen, Zilmax is the real deal.  It is the only additive that puts on muscle that the eye can see.  Optaflexx doesn't really change an animal's too much.

Good information.  (thumbsup)