What books are you reading?

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
zach said:
Rohan wouldve been better

Idk man, Rohan ALWAYS has kings.  Gondor didn't  have one in a LOOOONG time.  I basically told her I was Aragorn.  She said she didn't want to be queen, and pretty much wanted me to condemn the entire world to the dominion of Mordor.

but gondor wouldve parished if not for rohan.

if i could be anyone................ it would be gandalph. his beard is simply amazing

aj

Zebulon Pikes diaries. His journey from St.Louis across Missouri, and Kansas. He used the Smoky hill and Arkansas rivers. I think 1806. Pikes peak named after him though he never climbed it. Kansas and Colorado people might be interested in know there is a newly formed Smoky Hill trail assc. The Smoky hill trail was mainly used during the Colorado gold rush from Fort Leaven worth to Denver in I think 1859. :p

austin

PaddyO said:
Bobby Knights autobiography. It is actually really good!! I'd suggest you be over the age of 18 due to some language...haha no its a good book!

Wow, I can't picture Knight writing anything.

herfchic

I am reading Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth.  It is pretty good, but it is a little long.

shortyjock89

herfchic said:
I am reading Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth.  It is pretty good, but it is a little long.

Heck yeah it's long. It took me a little while to read it, and I can read pretty fast.  You thinkin about reading the sequel?

steermomintx

I am reading the Twlight series almost does with the second book New Moon.

Everyone had been telling me to read Twlight I would not because I thought they were teen books.  Then I gave in and started Twlight and I am hooked, I can't put it down at night.

herfchic

Heck yeah it's long. It took me a little while to read it, and I can read pretty fast.  You thinkin about reading the sequel?
[/quote]
Yeah, I would like to read the sequal, but that will probably be a summer project, or at least after graduation.

MYT Farms

Several different semen catalogs all at the same time.  ;)  Gotta love "Algebra 1: A reference guide and problem sets" as well!!!

garett

steermomintx said:

Everyone had been telling me to read Twlight I would not because I thought they were teen books.  Then I gave in and started Twlight and I am hooked, I can't put it down at night.

As am I. A girl at school told me that today that she thought I would like it so I decided to give Twilight a try, I can already tell that I am realy going to like it. haha

shortdawg

Our Sunday School class is on an 8 year plan to study the bible through so I'm committed to that right now - will complete year 3 in Sept.

oakbar

For those of you that like cowboys, ranching, and horses  try to pick up a copy of "Forty Year's Gatherin's"  by Spike Van Cleve.  He's also written a book called " A Day Late and A Dollar Short".  Both are about his experiences on his Lazy K Bar Ranch at the edge of the Crazy Mountains in Montana.  There was also a movie called "Spike--Montana Horseman" that was shown on PBS but I've never seen it.  After reading his books, I sure would like to though!!

AAOK

Casca (Series) 

Quote from Casca:
"Soldier, you are content with what you are. Then that you shall remain until we meet again. As I go now to my Father, you must one day come to me"
–-Jesus Christ to Casca in Casca: The Eternal Mercenary

LN

Currently reading The Life of Elizabeth I.

I want to get Why is God Laughing by Chopra. I saw him on Good Morning America and he said some pretty deep stuff that I thought was brillaint. One quote was "The reason we are in the recession is because people are buying things they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like."

mrs sawboss

Garett said:
steermomintx said:

As am I. A girl at school told me that today that she thought I would like it so I decided to give Twilight a try, I can already tell that I am realy going to like it. haha

Just finished the last Twilight book this afternoon.  Read one a weekend for the last 4 weekends.  I thought it was going to be pretty silly but I really liked all of them.  Can't wait until the next one!  I was told it was about Jacob! 

LN

Austin said:
Twilight is quite the rage with the teens. What's all the fuss about?

I have no idea either. Maybe it's like the Harry Potter mania. I couldn't figure out what the fuss was all about with HP books until I read one and I was hooked. I guess one day I need to read Twilight.

Latest posts