What bulls to use on some Angus and AngusXMaine hiefers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

kidsandkows

I was looking to AI some angus and maine/angus hiefers this spring and was looking for some input. I was interested in the Total Solution bull and Tiny Tim. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? and does anyone know if Tiny Tim is TH and PHA clean? Any other suggestion would alsobe appreciated. Thanks.

furinsilex

total solution has always worked well for us, but our heifers are usually big with CE behind them on the maternal side as well.  Our total solution calves have run from 55 to 76

AAOK

If you have some really good Angus cows, the best combination I've seen is the Maine-Anjou bull Draftpick. 

kidsandkows

These are some good suggestions thank you all. Our angus are black angus and they also have pretty good calving ease on the maternal side. I ll have to really think about this. I was thinking that Total Solution would be good because I might get a steer you could show or a pretty good heifer for a replacement. With DraftPick do you think the same applies? I think the heifers would be great, but I really have no idea about the steers.

corner gas

There is a new calving ease bull that will be available this spring, he will be on display in Denver. His name is Pretty Snazzy. He is a black baldy with goggles that is sired by Carpe Diem and is out of a Northern Gun (Northern Improvement) first calf heifer. He has a 73 lb.  bw that is unassisted. He is wide based, extremely big ribbed, cool fronted with a small head. He is extremely sound and stands square on all four corners. There will be adds out in The Show Circuit later this spring.

J

JTM

We have used Jake's Proud Jazz on all our heifers the last couple of years and have gotten along really well. I have heard that he does well on black cattle and actually have a couple of really nice JPJ x PB black angus heifers that are really nice. If your cattle are clean enough fronted, the JPJ calves can be good show calves. He also sires a lot of quality herd bulls.

jd720

Total Solution works great on heifers and the calves will have plenty of hair.