What can anyone tell me about the Bull Killer Instinct

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteerdlux

I know that he is bred by Mid Continent Farms. Saw some nice calves out of their salebut not many others. He is THC and PHAC if I'm not mistaken.

Ruebush Shorthorns

He is a double carrier and I bought 2 strwa while this info had not been released.  I have not yet used him just for the fact that most of my shorthorn cows are not defect tested and I don't want a dead one.  I will use them at some time, maybe on some commercial cows just to see what happens.  I really like his coloring.  Thats hy I bought the straws.  I wanted to see how marked up his calves would be.

itk

Since we have established his carrier status I like him so much if we had any cows I would use him. The supreme heifer at the KBE was a KI.

red

with a double carrier do the % of an offspring being a carrier or clean change?

Red

Dusty

red said:

Red

I believe 25% would be a carrier for TH, 25% for PHA, 25%, double carrier, and 25% clean...just guessing

vet tech

Dusty said:
red said:

Red

I believe 25% would be a carrier for TH, 25% for PHA, 25%, double carrier, and 25% clean...just guessing
No, actually it is the same. The th and pha don't negate each other you still have that 50/50 chance for both th and pha!! Not a good thing