What can help him?

Help Support Steer Planet:

ckey0095

I have til March 4th to make my steer better and I'm really wondering what would do it. I live in Florida. I am planning on getting beet pulp to really bring the flank down and I've thought about liquid cattle feed, but I'm not exactly sure what that does or if it'd help. If someone could explain that it'd be great! In other words, what kind of supplements that aren't expensive can I use? Thank you!

CoatsClubcalves

I'm assuming that the picture as your profile pic is the steer you're referring to. He looks to me like he could use a high energy feed (more corn). Slowly increase his diet to a high percentage of corn and I think you'll see him bloom. Good Luck!

vc

I would get him on stabilized rice bran, start at 1 pound a day and work him up to 2. What is he weighing now, I think it was a little over a month ago you posted he was a about 1050. If he still needs to put on weight I would not push the beetpulp quite yet, I have found that most calves will drop their flank some when they stop growing and start fattening up. Now if he is at that stage then adding beet pulp will help, along with a good coarse hay. We use grain hay,around here, but you may not have it available.
The rice bran will help give him a nice smooth finish and helps the hair as well.