what clubbie bull for angus cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

Hi!! I have some mid-large framed angus cows that i want to breed to clubbie bulls for show steers or replaccement/show heifers. They vary in type ( some are smaller, and a couple are better fronted but lighter muscled, some need more depth of body) so tips on what bull to put an what type of cow would be great. Another thing  ive been considering is breeding for show steers only ( i wouldnt keep the heifers). Would i have a better chance of getting a really good steer if i bred to a carrier? I wouldnt mind selling the heifers and breeding for steers if it meant that id get better steers. Im very interested in your thoughts on what bulls generally cross well with certain types of cows. THANKS SO MUCH!!

BCCC

Yes if you bred to a carrier you would have a better chance  for good show steers. I would say Sunseeker for the cows that are better fronted

red

I'd go w/ Hard Core. Very nice calves & clean. Gold Club also works real well w/ angus but he is a PHAC.

Red

RSC

The bull that has worked great for us this year on Angus cows is Carneyman.  I expected great replacement females and throw away bulls  but the big surprise to me is that all the steer calves look marketable.  Maybe not the hair to be bigtime show prospects but they have the bone, look, small frame score and thickness to be very competitive county fair steers.  Another plus is all the calves have been in the 80's.  Not as colored up as I thought, most have some white on the head and thats it.

RSC